Uour "First Tree in 2017" thread

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mine....jbp
Well first shaping anyway
Actually bought a satsuki today.....
bonsai shop grandma convinced me.....cultivar is imported from Japan....
小金釆 not sure what it is in English.

Looks like Rankor with foliage;).

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I dug it up. This is actually a little seedling that I've kept since I joined, but never really gave it all that much attention except keeping it alive and some wiring just one year. I guess it's finally in a form closer to being a "tree". I'll have to dig to see if I could find the image of when I first had it.

Update: Found it. From June 2014.
View attachment 130537

Nice wire scars/Great movement;). Mulberryo_O?

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'll see how many trees survive this harsh winter hoping I'll not have too much empty space... Planning to collect a hawtorn, English oak and some field maple. So only collecting, this is the field I want to improve myself in.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
nice fat tapered trunk only bottom branches look to be at the same height tough but nice anyway

Velodog2

Chumono
Reaction score
I won the eBay auction for this ilex vomitoria a couple days ago and it just shipped, so it looks like it will be my first new tree for the year. Can't really know what the apex or nebari look like from the pics but it was cheap enough for the size of the trunk. Hopefully will be able to find a leader and choose branches, or if not everything will get cut off and I'll try for a better selection. I have another smaller one of these from the same source from last year that I cut back to a stump and it threw branches out all over. From the offering pics it looks like I may want some further down.

IMG_1587.PNG

Top Bottom