Toronto Bonsai Society Fall Show 2015

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have an off color idea, but I think I'll go with "shutter speed for $200, Alex"....hehehe
No a robot?

Now I'm confused!

Especially cuz you posted 3 posts with no food. Odd!

Sorce

Ironbeaver

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I don't know what time you arrived at
I got there between 1 and 2 o'clock. I wonder how much the subway closure affected attendance, I know I had to take a round about route.
I know some trees were less flattering or developed than others, but it doesn't mean they should just be thrown up for the sake of regurgitating
You're right, maybe I shouldn't have posted everything, I don't think any of the trees (even the in training) looked bad; I took pics of all the trees for my own reference, with my point and click camera. I posted in a hurry and couldn't figure out how to rotate the pics on the forum (they are fine on my end). I didn't want to be the guy blocking the aisle taking photos so some of them are a bit rushed.

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Forest is extremely well done! Thanks for sharing.

It's one of the clubs legacy trees - trees that are passed on from member to member as people are unable to care for them any more. I understand there was a discussion about the crown being too heavy. I think there's some thinning planned for next season.

All the photos in the first 5 are all giant trees. You probably can't tell from the photos, but they're huge.

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, thank you. Some stunners there. Viva Toronto! I understand that there is a club in N.O.T.L as well now, and probably St. Catherines for all I know.

NOTL? sorry, not up on my acronyms. but yes, there are a number of clubs in southern Ontario. I do believe TBS is the largest and oldest of the bunch.

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I, Ron Beaver,
Solemnly swear to take a picture of every tree in the show!

Huge thanks! It's good to get a look into Canada!

I love the thuja with the rock pot that matches the deadwood.

But this one....View attachment 84606

is my favorite. I reckon in a few years this is gonna be a stunner.

Thanks F1pt4. I'd love to see more photos of this one if you got any!

Man, well done Canada! I can't wait to see a few of these in a few years, you guys are really working some good stuff!

Sorce

I didn't want to post all of them, this way if you want to see the rest you'll just have to go visit the club's website: http://torontobonsai.org/

They're not up just yet, but should be within the next couple of days. I know that the minions are working on getting them up!

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Mark!

This is one helluvan an amazing tree too!

Actually, with fresh eyes this morning, a lot of these are pretty wicked.

Congrats again eh!
Amazing what you guys do in a 2 day growing season!

Sorce

Yes, it is a collected Potentilla. Not a box store kind find.

and it's more like 1.5 days growing season. 2 days is too generous. ;)

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for posting, f1pt4 r2d2....r2d2..hehehe..

Folks have some really nicely done trees.
If anyone asks you,"What's Canadien bonsai?" just show 'em these images...

Now, about those lousy Maple Loafs...hehehe..

The Leafs are gonna win the cup in about 2-3 years. we're in a "training" "growing out" phase. Next year they will be trimmed and wired, and hopefully the following season they will be show worthy.

For this year, much to the chagrin of my wife, the Habs will steamroll over the competition.

Unlike with baseball, fans can't catch the puck where the refs call it a goal. Yes, I am referring to the playoffs in KC. the FIX is in!!!

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have an off color idea, but I think I'll go with "shutter speed for $200, Alex"....hehehe

Young jedi, if that was the daily double you'd still get $0. it's that other camera thing that controls the thing and the whatnot. You know that aperture apparatus. ;)

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I got there between 1 and 2 o'clock. I wonder how much the subway closure affected attendance, I know I had to take a round about route.

You're right, maybe I shouldn't have posted everything, I don't think any of the trees (even the in training) looked bad; I took pics of all the trees for my own reference, with my point and click camera. I posted in a hurry and couldn't figure out how to rotate the pics on the forum (they are fine on my end). I didn't want to be the guy blocking the aisle taking photos so some of them are a bit rushed.

If you want the good stuff, get there early. By 1, the vultures ate the meat and left bones and feathers.

We encourage people to stay as long as they want. Take photos, go nuts. If someone is in your way, or you are vice-versa, move on to the next tree. The trees will still be there when you return. But your courtesy in not blocking the aisle is I'm sure appreciated. :)

Mark

Mame
Reaction score
"Congrats again eh!
Amazing what you guys do in a 2 day growing season!"

I am from Upstate NY, not Canada, we do share the same short growing season
Some very nice trees and people! Collected EWC, Larch and Potentilla excellent
material up there.

Top Bottom