The Tree Thread

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
One of my favourite trees from the second part of Kokufu Ten 2024. Triple Trunk Japanese Hemlock. Foliage much like our Western Hemlock. Spent a lot of time studying the detail in this design and display. Interesting pot choice for clump style. Bit longer for more of. landscape feel. The mossing was spectacular with a very natural form. variation and placement. Nice balance and complement with stand, pot and tree!
IMG_2432 2.jpeg

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Picea Glenhii planted on a rock displayed in a tray. Kokufu Ten 2024. Part Two. Rock positioned offset to emphasize landscape in direction of design flow. Sample study in tray size and other design elements. Color choice of tray complementing the rock, natural sand representing the water. Thinking of you Mach5, I did not forget. IMG_2465.jpeg

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Picea Glenhii planted on a rock displayed in a tray. Kokufu Ten 2024. Part Two. Rock positioned offset to emphasize landscape in direction of design flow. Sample study in tray size and other design elements. Color choice of tray complementing the rock, natural sand representing the water. Thinking of you Mach5, I did not forget. View attachment 529258

Thank you Frank! Awesome pics!

I don't know why but when I was putting this together it almost looked like the trees were on a Zoom call! 😂

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Can't understand why you would think that .;)
. I do wish the lighting were better for Kokufu. The central overhead lighting leaves shadows on every shot. Feel very fortunate we were still allowed to take pictures without flash this year. There was a lot of discussion centred on disallowing photography once more. Out of concern for abetting identification and theft we were told. It is on the rise worldwide.
This tree was another favourite from the second part of the exhibit. In particular the lighter airier feel to the presentation for an Azalea. The trunk line is so powerful and subtly visible with the detailed pruning and pad formation. Amazing taper and character. Pot and stand very nicely paired with trunk colour. Pictures do not really do justice to the actual trees but serve as nice reminders.IMG_2518.jpeg

Top Bottom