The Accent (Companion) Plant Thread

pweifan

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm a member as well.
Did you come to the Bonsai Show this year? There was a contingency this year from Erie. I may have met you when we tore everything down on the second day.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Did you come to the Bonsai Show this year? There was a contingency this year from Erie. I may have met you when we tore everything down on the second day.
I did....I had 2 trees in the exhibi- large San Jose and ROR JM. If you helped me load up....thank you again!!IMG_1107.jpg

Todd-H

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Interesting tile for the strawberry.
It's actually an accent pot/tile but I don't remember who made it. I really like it when I saw it. I'm really liking wild strawberries for accent plants they are easy to grow and prolific.

Todd-H

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
I found some of that "fireworks grass" (That's what I call it) to plant next year! Nice!

View attachment 162677

Sorce
This is Japanese Blood grass I think. I started with a small clump in a very shallow pot and every spring I separate it into a few more pots. It looks awesome but it can get a bit tall to pair with a tree.

Todd-H

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
This is Japanese Blood grass I think. I started with a small clump in a very shallow pot and every spring I separate it into a few more pots. It looks awesome but it can get a bit tall to pair with a tree.
Oh, wait you were talking about the other grass. "Fireworks Grass" is a good name I think of it like as a papyrus . I just found that growing in a corner of my yard. It reseeds every year so it spreads like crazy. It shows up everywhere and I'm constantly pulling it from my pots.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
It's actually an accent pot/tile but I don't remember who made it. I really like it when I saw it. I'm really liking wild strawberries for accent plants they are easy to grow and prolific.
I think it’s one of mine. Always interesting to see where they end up and how it got there. Thanks!

Todd-H

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
I think it’s one of mine. Always interesting to see where they end up and how it got there. Thanks!
IMG_4292.JPG IMG_4293.JPG
Awesome. I can't recall who I bought it from, but it was a couple years ago on one of the facebook auction sites. What's your name?

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
View attachment 163377 View attachment 163378
Awesome. I can't recall who I bought it from, but it was a couple years ago on one of the facebook auction sites. What's your name?
That's mine.....soda fired porcelain. My initials are probably on the bottom....DWB. Dave Bennett. You probably got it from Jim Doyle.IMG_3013.jpg

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Well it was, its gone now.
Got home from picking everyone up and the pot was tipped over with no plant or soil left.

There is absolutely no sign of soil anywhere, can't find a trace of it or the plant.

That has to officially be the quickest foray into accent plants in history.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Well it was, its gone now.
Got home from picking everyone up and the pot was tipped over with no plant or soil left.

There is absolutely no sign of soil anywhere, can't find a trace of it or the plant.

That has to officially be the quickest foray into accent plants in history.

So word theft and plant theft in one day?

Top Bottom