Strange Light

fredtruck

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi--We've had tons of rain, but it appears to be winding down. This morning, however, the light on the trees some of our neighbors have, my bonsai tables and garage, and my gas pump, made an interesting image.

Here it is:

ul backyard landscape-2.jpg

And then, of course, there's the strip of weeds I can never seem to manage...

Enjoy!

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Variegated Oak? It really would have been cool if you could have taken the photo with the trees reflecting off the glass of the visible pump. Hahaha!

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
What's that hanging off your tables?

Scott

fredtruck

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That's party fringe. Chrome. Deer don't like it, and there are a lot of deer around. They don't bother my trees.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
That's party fringe. Chrome. Deer don't like it, and there are a lot of deer around. They don't bother my trees.

I'm guessing somewhere between attractive and completely ineffective on squirrels?

Scott

fredtruck

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That's an interesting question. The party fringe isn't as effective on squirrels as the family of red tailed hawks that live in the area but I haven't had the same amount of destructive squirrel behavior, either. After all, the hawks can't be everywhere every minute, so the squirrels get on the tables, but don't seem to stay a long time like they used to. You have to watch out for alpha-squirrels because they'll do whatever they want.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I only see one problem here- Not enough bonsai tree's per land ratio

Top Bottom