Starting My Poison Ivy Over Again

Just an update on this season’s growth.

Growth was minimal. That was probably because the plant was relegated to a remote section of the property where it received little water and no fertilization.
Still, I’m looking forward to its defoliation and doing some selective pruning (once I have complete color change) if for no other reason than to prove that I can successfully work on this thing without acquiring a severe rash.View attachment 566761
Having just gotten over my second bad bout of P.I. this year, that thing gives me the creeps! It took a round of Prednisone this time. I have scar tissue on my fingers!
No thanks!

It was an honest mistake that anyone (my age, with failing vision, and who refuses to wear his glasses) could make.
My collected Acer griseum(?)
View attachment 547056

. . . poison Ivy
View attachment 547057
Right?
Right. Otherwise.
Your gonna need an ocean
of calamine lototion.
you'll be scratch'n like a hound
the minuite you start to mess around

Just an update on this season’s growth.

Growth was minimal. That was probably because the plant was relegated to a remote section of the property where it received little water and no fertilization.
Still, I’m looking forward to its defoliation and doing some selective pruning (once I have complete color change) if for no other reason than to prove that I can successfully work on this thing without acquiring a severe rash.View attachment 566761
Good for you, you're crazy man. We don't have PI but I've had poison oak in my eyes, nostrils, roof of my mouth just from walking near it, my wife had football sized weeping sore on her thigh from lawn mowing near it,
This was all 40+ years ago and once we recognized what it looked like I can spot it going 70mph down the freeway and would gladly turn around and go a different way to avoid getting anywhere near it.
Have Fun!
It is pretty and I do have and cherish Nick Lenz book.

Back
Top Bottom