Pre Bonsai Wanted

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
That reaction is to folks who sign up with something to sell. Regulars who offer something of value here first do not receive weird reactions.

I agree with Brian. If someone who has been posting here for years suddenly decides to sell some of their trees, no one is going to bat an eye.

It's the people who show up out of nowhere and want to sell trees who get a "guarded" response. Doesn't mean they are bad or not legit - just that they will need to provide a little more background info.

Last edited:

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
@Eric Group I know Red Maples will do fine here. I would love a trident but tbh I believe my climate is too warm. It may last a season or two but without a good dormancy I don't believe it will make it. I could be wrong though.
Some varieties of Trident grow naturally in areas of China and even Taiwan that are quite warm from what I have read, I don't know for sure if they truly NEED the extended dormancy in the winter or not.

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Some varieties of Trident grow naturally in areas of China and even Taiwan that are quite warm from what I have read, I don't know for sure if they truly NEED the extended dormancy in the winter or not.
I think I almost skipped a couple of winters. My tridents are fine. My fellow Texan friends' Tridents are fine and well. I can't speak for south of Houston though.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Who forgot Ryan is not allowed to sell Anything anymore?

You gotta buy him tools now!

Man!

Hey @StoneCloud .....
I always wanted to send a ficus to Florida to watch it grow!

20170202_094407.jpg

This has rooted well....

PM me an address if You want it...

I'll try to get it out to ya!

Sorce

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I have bought material from several people here, and have always been pleased. Seems like less of a crapshoot, than an anonymous eBay seller.

I agree. That's why I started this thread. I didn't like or feel comfortable with the other online venues.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I have bought material from several people here, and have always been pleased. Seems like less of a crapshoot, than an anonymous eBay seller.
I hear you... though I have had good experiences with all the Ebay and Facebook people I have bought Bonsai and pots from.

I wasn't implying that you should NOT buy from people who sell on here, just saying I had seen some people get less than warm receptions when trying to list items for sale... as @Brian Van Fleet ann Bnut said though, in retrospect I guess it was normally fairly new people. When reputable members like @Don Blackmond list material it is generally well received.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
@Eric Group Younger starters preferably thanks!
Sorry, busy weekend!! This is a Chinese Elm start.. comes out the soil at an angle, all that growth is from this Spring alone- real healthy!!
IMG_1700.JPG IMG_1701.JPG
I usually do these for like $10 I guess.. plush ship- probably like $7-8.. (I just charge whatever the cheapest priority is)... Let me know what you think- is this kind of what you are looking for?

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I have a much bigger one I was planning to list on an auction site on FB tonight! It was a root cutting from like 2 years ago, just starting to develop some branches, moved it to this plastic trainer early this Soring and added a thread graft to improve the nebari... that is what all the long growth is coming off of. I have been pruning the main tre back to get some ramifications going- Probably going to list it in the "new" Bonsai auctions page... I haven't sold anything there before- worth a try!
IMG_1702.JPG IMG_1703.JPG

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Eric Group yes that little elm is great. Do you have maples about that size as well? the one going up for auction is cool as well. I don't have fb so out on that one lol. If you dont have any maples I'll prob take the little elm. thanks!

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
@Eric Group yes that little elm is great. Do you have maples about that size as well? the one going up for auction is cool as well. I don't have fb so out on that one lol. If you dont have any maples I'll prob take the little elm. thanks!
I do have some Maples.. you want to give Tridents a shot in your area?

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Well I had this little guy I was thinking of selling... I would send you both trees all in with shipping for $27. It was wired earlier this Spring to put a little movement in it, nothing too sharp, just some smooth curves that will hopefully grow out into something nice one day... it was cutting grown like two years ago.. probably ready to be slipped into a larger pot to grow out..
Ah Hell... sometimes pics just will NOT UPLOAD to this site off my phone!!! So aggy! Pm me your email please and I can send them there.

Top Bottom