Pre Bonsai Wanted

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hello!

I'm looking for a few new trees. If anyone has pre bonsai they would like to sell please let me know.

I want a few more trees to work on, and would love a tree or two from here. What I have at my local places just hasn't done it for me.

Thank you in advance. I guess pm me or respond here with what is available!!!

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Redwood Ryan

I'm pretty open on the species and style. The only trees I don't want are ones that require winter dormancy due to my location (10b).

A quick list of a few I would like (but I'm open to others also):

- Any Ficus (love these guys and I know u do too!)
- Willow leaf ficus
- BRT
- Chinese elm
- Bald Cypress

Sorry working all day so having to respond quick between tasks

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Redwood Ryan

I'm pretty open on the species and style. The only trees I don't want are ones that require winter dormancy due to my location (10b).

- Willow leaf ficus
- BRT
- Chinese elm
- Bald Cypress

I have a Chinese Elm looking for a good home, I'll get pics.

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Grown in a cardboard box for years with the weeds under a bench, it finally upgraded to a cat litter pan last season. Pretty good size a really healthy.image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg I have been keeping it thinking of using that snake like root for a cutting to start a new extreme cascade tree.

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Litter box size :)
2" trunk 18-20" tall and wider than the pan both ways.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
@Redwood Ryan

- Willow leaf ficus
- BRT
- Chinese elm
- Bald Cypress

What is BRT?
I have Chinese Elm and a BIG Bald Cypress I am considering selling.. what sort of sizes/ price point you looking at? Not interested in Maples? I have Maples, Azaleas... most anything NONtropical you want!

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
People react weird to folks trying to sell trees around here for some reason...
That reaction is to folks who sign up with something to sell. Regulars who offer something of value here first do not receive weird reactions.

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Eric Group I'd be interested in the chinese elm, azeleas and maples too. What types of maple? As long as they will do well in my zone (hell)

I'm not looking for anything too big. Under 14-15 inches would be ideal. Also if anyone has a few small saplings as I'm trying to put a forest together soon as well.

I'm sorry if thi is not customary here, I've just been all around my area would like to get a few trees that I don't have around here

Thank you everyone!

@Redwood Ryan I see as I peruse. The comradeship is awesome here!

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
BRT = Brazilian Rain Tree.
Got it... I don't have any indoor space so I don't do tropical stuff...

That reaction is to folks who sign up with something to sell. Regulars who offer something of value here first do not receive weird reactions.
That is a good point...
@Eric Group I'd be interested in the chinese elm, azeleas and maples too. What types of maple? As long as they will do well in my zone (hell)

I'm not looking for anything too big. Under 14-15 inches would be ideal. Also if anyone has a few small saplings as I'm trying to put a forest together soon as well.

I'm sorry if thi is not customary here, I've just been all around my area would like to get a few trees that I don't have around here

Thank you everyone!

@Redwood Ryan I see as I peruse. The comradeship is awesome here!
I will see what I have lying around, just got back home... The Maples... Well I see you are in South Florida... Maybe Tridents? How far South? Deff not Amur, most likely not a good zone for JM either.

I think Weigerts, which is far South on the gulf coast, keeps a good many JBP... I don't have many of those but that might be another tree you could consider... also most Juniper should do well down there.

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Eric Group I know Red Maples will do fine here. I would love a trident but tbh I believe my climate is too warm. It may last a season or two but without a good dormancy I don't believe it will make it. I could be wrong though.

Top Bottom