Please Share your Photos

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
That's raw!

Sorce
The Bronson and Karloff are fab!

You ought to start photoing bonsai. If you can learn to do that you have accomplished something. Bonsai are difficult to do.

Thanks guys. Hi Vance, can't be any harder than toy photography. Getting macro shots with almost no blur, having a black back drop that confuses the camera in thinking it is night, no light set up and old point and shoot cameras. lol I do things the hard way.:) Also, for a size reference. The face on the Boris Karloff Mummy figure is only around the size of a dime.

Rob

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I understand and I certainly would no demean your work even a little bit. However; try photographing bonsai and see what happens.

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I understand and I certainly would no demean your work even a little bit. However; try photographing bonsai and see what happens.

I have for years and it is not easy.:) I just really started to become more serious about photography over the last 2 years. I know that outside bonsai photos can be easier to take in some cases. Especially if it's not too sunny and the background is neutral. I took this pic around a year ago. I was not as serious or knowledgeable about photography then. Just wanted some quick shots.

Rob

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Just curious Rob with your photos(love to see more of Skeletor) and for anybody that photo's bonsai too, do any of you use 'focus stacking' as a tool to capture more detail on the close ups.

I only mention it as it seems to me like it could be a good technique to use for both.

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Just curious Rob with your photos(love to see more of Skeletor) and for anybody that photo's bonsai too, do any of you use 'focus stacking' as a tool to capture more detail on the close ups.

I only mention it as it seems to me like it could be a good technique to use for both.

I don't use it. I wasn't even sure exactly what you meant until I looked it up. lol I will tell you what I use for equipment though. I use an old point and shoot Sony DSC-W650 or a Nikon Coolpix S68000. They are both point and shoot cameras, not DSLRs. The original pics do not look very good. I edit them with, I believe, Windows live photo gallery and Microsoft Paint. Also, I think I have a few Skeletor pics in my files. Not sure they are of the same quality as the one I posted, but I will look.

Rob

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I'm sort of this advocate for humanity, in that I see the good in everyone. That being said, I met a homeless man on my way home from school today, and asked him if I could take his picture. His name is Billy and he's traveled across the country with his dog Bella. Here's the picture of the two of them:

Screenshot_2016-03-29-23-30-30-1.png

If you're interested in hearing about his story, I talked with him for about an hour. You can read his story on my blog:

http://wp.me/p46Kln-6q

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I cleaned this up after years of neglect @Cadillactaste old Chinese elm, first tree I paid the most for. Let's call it "whimsical mallsai" although it came from a reputable bonsai nursery. I put it in a generic pot from bLowes to maybe make the tree itself look not so generic.
Thoughts???image.jpeg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I cleaned this up after years of neglect @Cadillactaste old Chinese elm, first tree I paid the most for. Let's call it "whimsical mallsai" although it came from a reputable bonsai nursery. I put it in a generic pot from bLowes to maybe make the tree itself look not so generic.
Thoughts???View attachment 99500

Well...I would never had guessed that was a Lowes pot. It looks like something I myself would have on my bench. It has character...I don't know the species...but can see you at some point doing something with the scar to make it a really cool feature.

I'm still chewing on your first right branch. Since it appears to cross the trunk. But I can see where you would have fun taking this even further than you have. And enjoying it the entire time. Thanks for the tag.

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Had a great day at the car show...The car gave me no problems...I won a free oil change, $100 gift certificate and got a top 15 People's Choice award.

fire%2Bfighter%2Bcar%2Bshow--2%2B005.jpg

DSC04899.JPG

Brian

Top Bottom