Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Which do you prefer, feel free to add comments.
6A3DD266-6C94-400A-9E5C-40728B739ED6.jpegA80276A8-A155-4AC0-B737-BC4C9B92FBB7.jpeg4AE98401-9635-4470-9D8A-70B148CDF1CE.jpegDEAD83F4-A4F6-4AB2-9CAB-8451BA4065B2.jpeg5727BEAF-D69E-4983-A2E9-7D9B20338B8D.jpeg43EACA73-9684-438F-8DEB-87AB68377742.jpeg410EA4CE-4B2A-40F2-A6CD-ED8445892169.jpeg

2 gives the silhouette a great feel

6 might be outstanding with fall color though. The mirror panel dresses it up.

Went with 7. I really like the glazes on 2 and 3 but not crazy about the feet on the pots for this tree. Just my opinion.

Hmm, tough call I initially went for 5, but after looking hard at the combo, it seems a hair too big. It could just be a perspective error though. So I Iike 2 or 7. 2 is really nice, color wise and size from the photo, fits well with the profile, and the feet aren’t big enough to be off putting. 7 fits like a glove, yet seems a bit too understated for a showy flowering Bonsai, but would be great for the rest of the year. Nice quince though 😊
Cheers DSD

I like #1 but the tree is really great.

6 for me too, 2nd options would be no 2

5 but smaller would be my choice I think. Possibly in a round. Saying that, out of these I chose the original pot. It’s a strong tree so it needs to dominate the pot, not the other way around.

Just to be clear, this is a chinese quince right? what color are the flowers? red? white?
I like option 6, but unsure about the color combo with the flowers

Just to be clear, this is a chinese quince right? what color are the flowers? red? white?
I like option 6, but unsure about the color combo with the flowers
Correct, Chinese Quince which has pink flowers but is better known for large yellow fruit, exfoliating bark and great fall color. This one has not flowered or fruited yet. The are sometimes shown in feminine-shaped unglazed pots, but they can handle some flash too.

Totally into rectangle for this one....#3 I voted!
Denotes more of a serious Classic aspect I think does it well.

Thats what I thought, but wasn't sure about the flower color.
Imo pot 2 is the prettiest pot, but maybe a little too high for the trunk size?
Pot 6 brings out the trunk and its movement better because its a little lower. It will also be great color combo with the fruit, but not sure with the pink flowers?

If that bag pot was glazed, it would be my choice. I think the pot it's in is a great shape and color, but doesn't show as much age as the killer yellow pot. So I guess I'll have to go with 6 if you are changing it.

As others have said #6 would great this fall.

@Brian Van Fleet what about that chinese namako pot that i saw on your blog a while back? Too small?

I'm imagining the streaky/blotchy trunk of chinese quince, with namako that almost repeats the trunk's pattern (but on such a small scale that the glaze still looks somewhat 'uniform' in color from a distance)

the blue hues in the namako are also natural complimentary colors for both the pink flowers and the yellow fruit?

Chose 6

One secondary thought in tandem with aforementioned ideas regarding this yellow pot, is that quince often have very showy yellow anthers which may also help compliment the pairing.

Back
Top Bottom