Peter Adams

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
I was fortunate to have worked with Peter on several of my trees in our study group. He would always do drawings of our trees as a guide for future work and I will treasure these drawings. I have four of them framed in my office.
Peter was a fountain of bonsai ideas, strong opinions about everything, dry wit, and hundreds of hilarious stories of his exploits and acquaintances.
I'll miss him.

Paul's Oak - Quercus Ithaburensis - Peter's future state drawing.jpg (1).jpg

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
It's a sad thing to hear that Peter is gone, it is a good thing to know what he did will live on in print and the minds of those who knew him, worked with him, laughed with him, and shared trees with him. Thank You Peter, you made a difference and changed many of our lives for the better. May his wife Kate, remember all the good times and draw an unending joy from those memories. Our prayer's are with you and for you.

brewmeister83

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This is very sad news. Peter Adams was probably the reason I became fascinated with and eventually started bonsai. I received a copy of his "bonsai landscapes" book (along with a mallsai juni) for one of my teenage birthdays and I would spend hours looking at the pictures dreaming of growing something akin to his 11 trunk trident raft. The poor juni didn't survive, but the spark did. So thank you Peter, I will treasure that book and your work and the passion it inspired for as long as I live.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had never heard of Peter Adams before happening upon this thread, but judging by the responses I have read here he has left a legacy that will live on through those he met and influenced with his work and life,what more could any man aspire for. Pray for his wife as she will be embarking on a new journey alone, God bless her and comfort her and may heaven be his bed.

ed

Top Bottom