panda's bald cypress

As you can see, I’ve also moved to a place with a proper backyard with less wind exposure and more shade options. I think this tree has had a huge stepforward because of that as well.
Good to know @pandacular and @Michigan Tree Murderer - I've been keeping mine in full sun

Full sun seems to result in more bronzing (though Evan Pardue says this is no issue). If you’re getting good growth in full sun, you could stick with it. In a lot of ways, these seem to behave more like broadleaf deciduous than conifers.

Mine gets full sun until just before noon, then dappled shade until around 2, then full shade. My teacher in Portland keeps his under 40% shade cloth most of the year.

Full sun seems to result in more bronzing (though Evan Pardue says this is no issue). If you’re getting good growth in full sun, you could stick with it. In a lot of ways, these seem to behave more like broadleaf deciduous than conifers.

Mine gets full sun until just before noon, then dappled shade until around 2, then full shade. My teacher in Portland keeps his under 40% shade cloth most of the year.
Both mine are busting out with full sun, noon to about 3, then partial sun the rest of the afternoon...BC1 8-22-24.jpg

Like you, I am looking forward to wiring this one soon...

Mine gets full sun late morning to early afternoon. It's starting to bronze a bit in certain parts.

I'll probably move it to get a bit more shade at some point.

Back
Top Bottom