One of my favorite pots

When you describe the bottom of a bonsai container as "awesome", you sir, have a serious problem!!!:cool::cool::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Fabulous Koyo.....14 @Roy Minarai pots.......? Where do you keep them?!?!:confused::D:D:D:D

Better than pizza boxes and old newspapers!!!;):D:D:D:D:D Outlet store?;)

Certainly amassed a gorgeous collection!:)

I fully admit I have issues...especially when it comes to Roy's pots. I have all my pottery displayed in a glass case in the living room. My wife has come around to the new decor. She was skeptical at first.

Two more of Roy's pots added to my collection. A nice blue drip square and an awesome shock yellow crawling glaze mokko. I've included a picture of the dark silver and yellow crawling glazed mokko pots together for contrast (I call it the brother/sister pair). I love the really fine crazing in the yellow glaze. I picked up one more, but it's an anniversary gift that I can't "have" for another week yet.

IMG_5838.JPG IMG_5839.JPG IMG_5844.JPG IMG_5849.JPG

A few new ones...BIG ones!!

The first is a 2nd generation Yamaaki oval with nice patina and 19 and 1/2" wide.

The second is a 19 3/4" wide custom Koyo rectangle that must weight 20 pounds. A big, fat maple is going to find it's way into both these pots eventually.

yamaaki oval.jpg
koyorect.jpg

Nice pots Dave. You beat me on the blue Koyo, I was eying that one but couldn't swing both as I just bought this large Koyo. I was torn between the two. Keep me in mind if you ever decide to part with it. Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• IMG_6489.JPG
    IMG_6489.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6490.JPG
    IMG_6490.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6491.JPG
    IMG_6491.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6493.JPG
    IMG_6493.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 52
Nice pots Dave. You beat me on the blue Koyo, I was eying that one but couldn't swing both as I just bought this large Koyo. I was torn between the two. Keep me in mind if you ever decide to part with it. Thanks a lot!

Yowzza!! I would carry that sweetheart across the threshold like we were a couple of newlyweds and lay her down ever so sweetly.....o_O:D:D:D:D:D

Spectacular!!:cool:

It looks like you got yourself a pretty nice pot there, Chris, and with Koyo's signature glazing... love it!

Back
Top Bottom