One of my favorite pots

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
A few shohin pots... just have to grow the trees, now.
First, a very nice shiro cochi cascade with wonderful patina
nakashirocascade.jpg
Here is a Wajaku rectangle, a deceased potter who carved his pots from a block of solid clay.
wajaku.jpg
This is a very nice rectangle by Ryuen, another deceased Japanese potter who carved his pots from blocks of solid clay.
ryuenshohin.jpg

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Glad you're keeping the lights on at the Ouwinga house!
I'd say you have no idea, but I know you do:). That shudei clay pot I've owned for a few years but the others were acquired last week.... and what can I say- Matt had them priced to sell:D!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Oh, and it's @Adair M 's fault. I wasn't too interested in shohin until I saw a few of his trees. Now, I'm hooked. My back will thank him in a few years, but my wallet won't....
Hey if you get too far gone I know where you can offload some of your large pots!!;)

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Oh, and it's @Adair M 's fault. I wasn't too interested in shohin until I saw a few of his trees. Now, I'm hooked. My back will thank him in a few years, but my wallet won't....
Oh... and it gets worse, Dave! As you know, it takes a lot of little trees to make a decent Shohin display. All different trees, different movement, in different pots, and then there's stands! You have to aquire a zillion little stands to get the trees to be all at different levels, and they all have to be different...

And we won't even get started on scrolls!!!

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hey if you get too far gone I know where you can offload some of your large pots!!;)

@JudyB there is a large 16inch glazed Yamaaki on the bonsai auction page right now. Not sure if that's big enough for you but thought of this post when I saw it.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Here is the blurb...

A superb rectangular kifu sized pot, hand built from quality granite grey clay. Unglazed,but with splashes of brown and aubergine, and impression carvings of Odin and Sleipner.

This pot feels as if it were carved from a block of Scandinavian grey gneiss. On the front the god Odin is depicted riding his eight-legged horse Sleipner. From the Iceland Edition.

External measurements: 20cm (l) x 14.5cm (w) x 4.2cm (h)

IMG_2383s.JPG

IMG_2387d.JPG IMG_2390s.JPG

Josh88

Shohin
Reaction score
IMG_0649.JPG IMG_0650.JPG IMG_0651.JPG Here are my two recent additions from Sam Miller. First off is the first pot I have ever commissioned. When I saw Sam put this Celtic knot on another of his pots I lit up. This knot was my first tattoo, and is the shield of four directions, signifying N, S, E, and W, as well as the four seasons, and the four elements of earth, wind, fire, and water. It seemed like such an appropriate addition to a bonsai pot for me. I really like how it came out. The next one has such a unique glaze, and such variation between the two sides. They are both in the mail now and I am eagerly awaiting their arrival!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
pot1.jpg pot2.jpg pot3.jpg pot4.jpg I was in the market for A pot, and ended up with 4 from Chuck Iker. The poor photography does not do them justice, I was in a hurry. They really are much nicer in person.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's gonna be my smallest actually!
Really looking forward to have it here hehe.

One of my favs, pretty small too, housing an accent plant now:
20170426_200959.jpg

Big stack of William Vlaanderen pots, with a couple of smaller pots laying inside. I have two smaller, medium sized slabs of him and also three or four other small pots. Old plastic card for scale.

20170426_200248.jpg

Prolly nothing special, like the first one, but I like 'em too. Imma sucker for cool glazes.
20170426_195832.jpg

20170426_195818.jpg

A small Mizakuni pot, no Noelanders tier, but I like it, and that glaze is yummy.
20170426_195739.jpg

In my bedroom I got plenty more, I'll make pics later!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Yeah, it's gonna be my smallest actually!
Really looking forward to have it here hehe.

One of my favs, pretty small too, housing an accent plant now:
View attachment 142632

Big stack of William Vlaanderen pots, with a couple of smaller pots laying inside. I have two smaller, medium sized slabs of him and also three or four other small pots. Old plastic card for scale.

View attachment 142633

Prolly nothing special, like the first one, but I like 'em too. Imma sucker for cool glazes.
View attachment 142634

View attachment 142635

A small Mizakuni pot, no Noelanders tier, but I like it, and that glaze is yummy.
View attachment 142636

In my bedroom I got plenty more, I'll make pics later!
LOVE the first little blue one! I bought a tiny Bunzan pot just because I liked the glaze and color. Gotta' find something little to put in it.

Top Bottom