Nursery find - ID please

heeclee

Sapling
Reaction score
Went to a commercial garden center pick up some indoor house plants, and found this tree in a neglected state (some branches are broken, leaves crushed) at cheap price.
It only had price and no other descriptions and cashiers didn't know what species this was.
Could this be a hornbeam? Some type of elm? Hope I can keep this alive until next year to repot to better soil.
20180520_093106.jpg
20180520_093146.jpg

Damn, very cool! How much?

Looks like Korean Hornbeam to me.

The shape of the leaves say Korean Hornbeam.

I'd say K. Hornbeam too. What nursery? I probably live near you and might know the place.

Got it from Behnke at Beltsville.
Son of a gun! Nice find, I never saw that. I've been to Behnke's 2x in the last month getting perennials and annuals with my gf for some landscaping.

I suspect it came from Ducky Hong who has many trees for sale there. In any event, a nice find. Enjoy!
That's right, I forgot that in addition to the bonsai on sale there, that there's a section or cart which usually has starter stock, which as I recall is mostly just trunks in pots.

damn, that's nicer than any of the stuff I've been training haha

Have'nt been there in a while, but Ducky Hong has an outbuilding or large shed from which he sells prebonsai. On the left of the left-side driveway and across from the side entrance to the greenhouses.

Back
Top Bottom