Newbies - want to share your trees?

If you are a "newbie" with that freaking cool tree... I will throw myself over a cliff.. 🤣😂
Haha thanks but still learning a lot! Anyone can buy a tree and ruin it 😉 For example the tree seemed pretty happy and looked good above ground and was ready to move to the next step of development, but when repotting there was quite a lot of dark unhealthy/dead root - too wet and caught it just in time really - so having removed quite a lot of roots now it is about bringing back to full power before making any big moves! In our rainy climate I am trying 2:1 pumice to akadama. I also tried 2 other pots i picked out that were too small for a tree at this stage, so more learning 😕 Should really remove the cones to save energy but they look too cool 😀

So. I cut out the original apex, and turned a front eye-pokey branch into the new apex, and wired the secondary trunk down to become a branch.

I feel like I need to cut out more up-pointing branches in the middle.

20220406_081852.jpg

Tried to style the twin trunk Boulevard cypress. I'm not sure if twin trunks with equal sized trunks is a faux-pas or not but that's how it wants to grow so...

I do think it looks a little like a wide tropical tree but I thought keeping more foliage will help thickening the trunk.
Boulevard 3.jpg

The Back with extra messy wiring: Boulevard 2.jpg

Top:Boulevard 1.jpg

Closeup:Boulevard 4.jpg

Some pics of what's going on in my bonsai garden. Still in my first year, but the collection is growing. It's a mix of pre-bonsai, nursery stock, big box trees and some yamadori. Most are for long term development and a few are things to experiment on. Everything is waking up other than my beech and hornbeams.

Attachments

• G1.jpg
    G1.jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 47
  • G2.jpg
    G2.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 53
  • g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 54
boxwood bonsai.jpgBuxus microphylla, trained through clip and grow and loose wiring. Haven't gotten the nerve up to do the carving it needs. Anyone have some species-specific experience with B. microphylla, maybe even in a hot, arid climate? I've just moved, and this is one of the three plants I could take.

View attachment 430947Buxus microphylla, trained through clip and grow and loose wiring. Haven't gotten the nerve up to do the carving it needs. Anyone have some species-specific experience with B. microphylla, maybe even in a hot, arid climate? I've just moved, and this is one of the three plants I could take.
Where are you now? Could make a big difference.
Add a general location to your profile and you can skip this question at every post.

Tree is looking nice BTW.

I like the attitude of this thread, so I will participate with my linden. I collected it last november. The second flush is growing as it was pruned back 2 weeks ago. Good idea, teacher :)
I thought some updates would be interesting after 2 years. My linden is getting smaller and smaller
15.05.2022.jpg

Back
Top Bottom