need help with tool selection!

koda659

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4-5
ya like i said i dont know alot al i know is i need some tools just dont kow what to look for to much. i knkw some shears concave, wire and knob cutters and maybe a root pick/rake but dont know where to look. just need a good price.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
what do you think?

I am certain you do not need to spend a lot starting out. Amazon is a good place to start but as others suggested that company is so-so. There is a better quality available there at very good prices. The company is Cali based but has them made to their quality control specs. They are a very good value and will perform nicely. You will also notice they carry a lot of different sets. I keep one in my shed, one in the truck, and am thinking about getting another to put in the car as they are inexpensive but work great... Stanwood - http://www.amazon.com/Stanwood-Bons...ld-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Stanwood+Bonsai+Tool . You will notice they seem rather "stiff" when you receive them but that is the grease packing at the joints - a drop or two of oil and opening and closing them 10 - 12 times frees them up nicely.

Grimmy

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I have some like that I keep stashed behind pots on the benches so I always have a pair handy; they don't rust, and I'm not leaving my better tools outside 24/7.

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

Top Bottom