USDA Zone
What the holy hell is that? I want one.

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
What in the world is it?
I don't know what that is... but I like it.
Looks like a jack for spreading branches ect.
It is indeed used to spread things apart.

What the holy hell is that? I want one.
Tool lust is real.

I actually remember this from a movie... I think it was "Saw II".
Very likely found in a Saw movie. It’s a rib-spreader used in cardiothorasic surgery.

If I can, I’ll try to utilize it for a style I’m trying this weekend. If I have a survival rate higher than 25% I’ll be surprised.

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Please post pics of this monstrosity in use.
(On a tree please, not someone's chest)
"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." - Murphy's Law

"Murphy was an optimist." - Unknown

“No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy’s main strength.” - German Field Marshal Moltke the Elder

"It's never a failure if you learn." - Bill Butler

I spent a week thinking about how to approach this operation. Even so: Drill bit got stuck; drill started smoking; rib spreader bent; adjustment handle broke off; blood was on everything; and the trunk cracked clear through. This will not be my last attempt at this. The trunk has been packed with damp sphagnum moss and wrapped with vet-wrap. There might be something to be done with this tree, but likely not my original intent.

IMG_8501.jpeg

HENDO

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a

“No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy’s main strength.” - German Field Marshal Moltke the Elder

I spent a week thinking about how to approach this operation. Even so: Drill bit got stuck; drill started smoking; rib spreader bent; adjustment handle broke off; blood was on everything; and the trunk cracked clear through. This will not be my last attempt at this. The trunk has been packed with damp sphagnum moss and wrapped with vet-wrap. There might be something to be done with this tree, but likely not my original intent.

View attachment 529549
Pretty much a scene from a gory bonsai horror film.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A

View attachment 529549
Pray tell what you are attempting. Anytime there is an attempt to spread things, I wanna join the fun.

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a

View attachment 529549

More succinctly put by Mike Tyson "Everyone has a plan until they're punched in the face"

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I really have no idea what Bill trying to do. Am I the only one?

Top Bottom