MY GARDEN, SHARE YOURS

Hey Sergio, any issues with squirrels or other animal pests? The tree line behind you looks like prime habitat.

The only real danger are deer. Squirrels have not shown any interest in the garden. Perhaps they don't like what I've done with the place so they stay away? 😂

For deer a portion of the garden is fenced in. Other areas are more accessible to them. But again, I don't have much of an issue. I do spray regularly just in case.

Not much to show right now, the lot was finally cleared Monday and the patio area was covered with a thin layer of topsoil, thankfully the ground underneath seems decent and not the hard rock ground I had in our previous home. Backyard is roughly 60x100 and the first 40' will be covered in SOD, the rest we plan on doing decomposed granite and will be for my garden/shed/fire pit...

Our left fence will be about 5' to the right of the mountain cedar in the back.
IMG_1601.JPG

I will have 5 pin oak (according to the person clearing the yard) that will provide shade for a few JMs.
IMG_1609.JPG

View from the middle of the covered patio. I hope whoever buys the lot next door keeps the mountain cedar, as it provides some screening from the rear homes. But I doubt it, people tend to hate them because of the pollen they produce and allergies. I will probably make the very far end the grow out area, from the oak in the far right back, and a "display area with monkey poles and benches from that point to where the SOD will end.
IMG_1621.JPG

Kinda stocked... finally received the Survey for the house. Now I can actually visualize the amount of space I am going to have to work for the garden.

In the image below, the green area will be sodded as our "backyard". The rest will be ground covered in decomposed granite after slightly grading and compacting. The beige area will be used for a shed / firepit / hopefully some display monkey poles and benches (once I have more trees in pots). The white area will be for growing and developing trees. I already have 5 big oaks (the dark green clouds) and the light green will be planted trees to provide screen cover, probably live oaks or some other evergreens. The area underneath the big oak at the end of the lot will be dedicated to JM's and trees that need sun protections in the summer, to minimize the use of 50-70% shade cloth. Estimated date to close is Aug 19... maybe sooner depending on the final inspections next week.

I'm going to be combing through this thread in the next few weeks for ideas to incorporate.

1722530791494.png

I'm a Japanese garden nerd. I have a few bonsais but my true passion is gardening. Landscape design, niwaki, stones, and of course plants!

This is my garden
IMG_7345.jpgIMG_7067.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8256.jpg
    IMG_8256.jpg
    627.7 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom