Maiden's Cork Oak

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
That's what I am hoping for, to give it more stability and hopefully promote a better root spread I screwed a tile to the trunk. That should keep it planted in the bag.

Dabbler

Shohin
Reaction score
Should be fine - It's a cool little tree

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'm beginning to worry about this one, all the leaves in the tree dried out, but the branches still feel malleable. Buds did extend a little more but are stagnant at this moment. Hoping for it to start breaking buds so I can have some relief... I lost my liquidambar O, Nuccio Wild Cherry, all the encore azaleas (3 of them), my Chinese pistache, and it looks like my 3 mikawa Japanese black pines may be kicking the bucket as well. Most of their needles either died or are dying...

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I'm beginning to worry about this one, all the leaves in the tree dried out, but the branches still feel malleable. Buds did extend a little more but are stagnant at this moment. Hoping for it to start breaking buds so I can have some relief... I lost my liquidambar O, Nuccio Wild Cherry, all the encore azaleas (3 of them), my Chinese pistache, and it looks like my 3 mikawa Japanese black pines may be kicking the bucket as well. Most of their needles either died or are dying...
Bummer big time on losing those trees! Sorry Maiden. Good news, your oak stills sounds like it is alive, I have had cork oaks lose all there leaves before and they have come back strong as long your branches are still living and not dry and brittle.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Bummer big time on losing those trees! Sorry Maiden. Good news, your oak stills sounds like it is alive, I have had cork oaks lose all there leaves before and they have come back strong as long your branches are still living and not dry and brittle.
Thanks, the liquidambar was really coming along and I was getting ready to move it into a pot this spring to start developing secondaries. The bark was amazing for only 3 and a half years from a 4" pot that I received from Brent.

1710504044710.png

gooeytek

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
oh no. what do you think happened?

Top Bottom