Maiden's CMEG1 2024 Seedling Cutting JBP

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'm opening this thread separate from my main seedlings thread to track the progress of the 2 JBP seedling cuttings I bought from @cmeg1 this year. I suck at pics, but there are plenty of pics of his JBPs as shipped in the rockwool cube on this site. Contraire with what I did with the kabudachi I bought from him a few years back, and I think against what Curtis usually recommends, I removed almost entirely the rockwool and combed the roots radially before planting them in #1 Root pouch bags folded in half. When I repotted the kabudachi I noticed that the root mass under the trees actually solidified, which will prevent me to plant it on a semi shallow pot in the future, but did give the clump a decent "mound" of roots to spread the nebari out.

On this trees, I wanted the roots to grow out radially and slightly downward, which was the way I planted them on the bags. I know I am not in the correct time for this work, and I ensured I didn't cut any roots of the one that have the bright green growth to give them the best chance of survival. If they fare well this year I will get a few more when Curtis post them for sale on his next batch. The roots were pretty amazing, especially for a tree a few months old. Even amount of roots growing all around. Only one of them, the darker one, had a few thick roots growing from the bottom of the trunk straight down that were removed in favor of the finer laterally spreading ones.

Below is the only pic I was able to take when I was done as I was rushing out to my daughter's volleyball tournament.

jbp seedlings.JPG

Jackzh

Seed
Reaction score
hi,How to buy Japanese black pine seeds in San Antonio?I have made some saplings before,I don't know how to buy seeds and rooting powder in the USIMG20231226205914.jpgIMG20231226205501.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
hi,How to buy Japanese black pine seeds in San Antonio?I have made some saplings before,I don't know how to buy seeds and rooting powder in the USView attachment 537569View attachment 537570
You should open your own thread with this question as the title. This is another member’s thread to track the growth of their JBP.

Top Bottom