Lemon tree.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Couple of these are actually yellow. I figured they would start green and then turn yellow???
20180331_160652.jpg
These started green.
20180331_160706.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Couple of these are actually yellow. I figured they would start green and then turn yellow???
View attachment 184406
These started green.
View attachment 184407
Odd. Mine were green for a long time, as they grew bigger. Only turned yellow when they ripened. (took awhile). Are they rotting, or about to drop off?

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Odd. Mine were green for a long time, as they grew bigger. Only turned yellow when they ripened. (took awhile). Are they rotting, or about to drop off?
There are only 2 bigger ones but they are still small. Not sure how big they get but the one bigger one is only the size of a strawberry. Not rotting or about to fall off. Very ripe.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
There are only 2 bigger ones but they are still small. Not sure how big they get but the one bigger one is only the size of a strawberry. Not rotting or about to fall off. Very ripe.
Is it a dwarf?

Solaris

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Those yellow ones are probably about to drop off. My lemon routinely produces more fruitlets than it can actually support, and winds up dropping a good chunk of them. They turn yellow when they're about that size, the stem dries, and they drop.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Those yellow ones are probably about to drop off. My lemon routinely produces more fruitlets than it can actually support, and winds up dropping a good chunk of them. They turn yellow when they're about that size, the stem dries, and they drop.
I think I did see a small yellow one on the ground.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You encouraged me to grow a Citrus [ Khaimraj - brother-in-law to Anthony ]
The Portugal is our small of leaf citrus and the fruit is edible and peels
by hand.

That's from K.
Good Day
Anthony

* Please keep up the good work!

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You encouraged me to grow a Citrus [ Khaimraj - brother-in-law to Anthony ]
The Portugal is our small of leaf citrus and the fruit is edible and peels
by hand.

That's from K.
Good Day
Anthony

* Please keep up the good work!
That's great. I bet between your knowledge and where you live it will grow real well.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I haven't re searched what to do with a lemon tree in Texas this winter. All new to me for sure. Need to read up on it.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Here, I have to bring the citrus in for the winter, which surprisingly they don't object to very much.

Top Bottom