Fagus Sylvatica Atropurpurea

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Or Copper Beech!
I like this tree because it reminds me of the trees I see in the park here...
The double apex is a common feature. I thought of reducing the main trunk a little more, but in the current state it just seems to 'fit' for me atm.
I may make a wooden box for it. I dont think its as strong as it could be, indicated by the tiny buds, also doesnt appear to be moving yet. Ill put it in full sun, water and feed well. As soon as the buds start opening ill move it into the box with a good chunk of the root ball to power growth. I also treat them for vine weevil, the grubs are always present in the nursery pots here. Untreated, they munch on the roots all season.
20230420_210509.jpg20230420_210900.jpg20230420_211820.jpg20230420_235040.jpg

Last edited:

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Fabulous tree. You have an excellent eye and start on the tree. Are the leaves actually a copper color in summer?

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Fabulous tree. You have an excellent eye and start on the tree. Are the leaves actually a copper color in summer?
Cheers mate, this one caught my eye straight away! They open out into a coppery leaf, before turning more Purple. I'll post pics once its moving

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Cheers mate, this one caught my eye straight away! They open out into a coppery leaf, before turning more Purple. I'll post pics once its moving
I look forward to seeing the leaf photo changes….when you have time. I know you’re a busy guy.

Top Bottom