CM BONSAI!!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The one I bought in 2022 is doing so well in a pot I wanted to put it in the ground as well, thinking JBP is zone 5 safe. However I just repotted that one this spring. Sound good though I'll put the new one in a bigger pot to start out with and it should thrive. Thank you!

Sold out again that should tell you something. :)

Scorpius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Ugh... my order is at the dreaded Bedford Park, IL distribution center where orders go to sit forever. Here's to hoping it moves tomorrow or Monday.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks everyone.

@Michigan Tree Murderer I would grow this out in an large 1 gallon container befor planting out……unless it is in a raised bed where there is no ice and waterlogging in the frozen ground……
I went with grow bag. Thoughts or experienced opinions welcome, pure speculation also accepted. Is mine bigger than yours? :)

1712543098109.png

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Thought I had posted pics, but I guess in another thread. I’m using smaller 10cm grow bags from Left Coast Bonsai, that I’ve cut down to be even shorter. These will be buried in my pumice grow beds…once I get around to it.
IMG_1830.jpegIMG_1834.jpeg
These pics are about a week old now, and they’ve started opening on their new needles!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I got mine in the mail today in great shape. I may need to pick up a few more pond baskets to really let them run. Maybe put one in 5 stacked colanders?

Turface and peat moss 50/50? Or get them started on the good stuff?

@cmeg1 wouldn’t be fun to get some corker seedlings in the mix?

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I got mine in the mail today in great shape. I may need to pick up a few more pond baskets to really let them run. Maybe put one in 5 stacked colanders?

Turface and peat moss 50/50? Or get them started on the good stuff?

@cmeg1 wouldn’t be fun to get some corker seedlings in the mix?
I'll be growing mine in perlite/coco coir. I have others in pumice/lava/potting soil. I haven't been too impressed with turface for growing out stock, seems more suited for refinement.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wow thanks everyone!!

I just put the remainder of them outside today since Spring seems to have arrived……night should be above 40 degrees F for now on.

I will fill the growhouse with deciduous seedlings in a few days.
Nice! If it's Siberian elm sign me up. If it's anything else, sign me up. :) Everyone here that bought one needs to rate Cmeg on ebay. I hooked you up Curtis.

Last edited:
Top Bottom