CM BONSAI!!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I’m watching the thread as I could use some more good material to work with.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Question, I’ve never worked with these wool blocks that you have these planted in. Is there no getting them out of these?
Just plant it like you have it in the picture. Take the plastic off & plant it in your chosen soil and let it grow.

CMegs explanation here.

Last edited:

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Question, I’ve never worked with these wool blocks that you have these planted in. Is there no getting them out of these?
As Michigan said…….olant just like that …no distubance.That wool is volcanic basalt stone!!

That will be an nearly 2” trunk base by Autumn !!

Thanks for showing the roots.

rollwithak

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Just plant it like you have it in the picture. Take the plastic off & plant it in your chosen soil and let it grow.
Yeah that’s what I’m gonna do. Wanted to comb out the roots a bit as I’m good to try for an exposed root but I have my plan! Thanks for the advice!

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
Got mine. They looked great, wired the taller one all twisty just to see what happens and the other into a shohin training pot as is. They are on a seedling heat mat and under lights seeing as we just got two feet of snow yesterday.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Got mine. They looked great, wired the taller one all twisty just to see what happens and the other into a shohin training pot as is. They are on a seedling heat mat and under lights seeing as we just got two feet of snow yesterday.
Make sure roots do not get too warm……..and water with a cooler water………68-75 F roots

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
Make sure roots do not get too warm……..and water with a cooler water………68-75 F roots
Noted. I’ll check the temp. It’s one of the small sized seedling mats and when I check the pots the bottoms just seem slightly warm.

Top Bottom