Chojubai Root Division

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hello all & thanks for reading. My 4 year old quince is nearly rootbound and due for work. Four "trunks" if you'd call them that and
Suckers from the roots. I'm looking to divide and conquer, propagate, etc. Any thoughts?? Tips & or advice? I'm especially curious about time out of the pot, I understand less is better but I'm slow and there's a lot of work to do.

thanks!!!!!

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Mine seemed to divide really easily when I dug them last week, so your timing is fine.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do you guys do your repots, etc. in spring or fall? The only one I killed repotting (non-chojubai) was done in spring, so now I just do quince repots in the fall. Just got a few chojubai in from Don and expect to repot in the fall as well.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Spring for me, once I'm sure it's not gonna snap cold again. I lost a fall repot a couple years ago when a week of winter arrived two months early and then we were back in the 70's again.

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hello all & thanks for reading. My 4 year old quince is nearly rootbound and due for work. Four "trunks" if you'd call them that and
Suckers from the roots. I'm looking to divide and conquer, propagate, etc. Any thoughts?? Tips & or advice? I'm especially curious about time out of the pot, I understand less is better but I'm slow and there's a lot of work to do.

thanks!!!!!

Spray frequently with water - should be fine.

Top Bottom