Bonsai Talk Site Down?

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Which line do the morons get in, do we have our own forum ?

Harry

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
Harry...lol,s You will be asked a couple of questions to determine your moron status. I already flunked my first question. Mine was "what is Epistemology" and how does it relate to your life?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Followed by... Apologetics... are you any good at it?

No?

Prepare to be flagellated.

Nice knowing you both. *kiss*

Hugs,

Victrinia

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Harry...lol,s You will be asked a couple of questions to determine your moron status. I already flunked my first question. Mine was "what is Epistemology" and how does it relate to your life?

Well it was nice visitig you guys here :)
I could google the word, but I wouldn't be able to figure out how it would relate to my life. Maybe we could sneak in behind John, he's no moron.
Harry

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Irene, don't worry that BT is down, Matt is on the case and I will have
more info soon. It was a bandwidth issue... but not from us members.
It's bots from yahoo and google and stuff, using up the bandwidth. He is
working with the server right now

Joanie

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Hey All,

I am glad to BT back up and running. As you all know I am there quite abit. But lets not let Da Nut (BonsaiNut) be the red headed step child here. Why can't People like Kong, Mr and Ms. Vic, Harry, etc, etc, keep coming here as well?
I was one of the first to come here and emailed a ton of people about it. It went well for a while and then turned into a fight site.

Lets all come back together as a group and keep this site updated and active instead of only posting here when other sited are offline.

Can we do this? Sat. I will post a tree or 2..... others can follow along. Harry I think you might have an ok tree or that could be added, haha!

Thanks, Jason

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Hey Jason, going to a basketball game at OU, watching some football games on TV when I get home, but I will see what I can do.

Harry

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Hey All,

I am glad to BT back up and running. As you all know I am there quite abit. But lets not let Da Nut (BonsaiNut) be the red headed step child here. Why can't People like Kong, Mr and Ms. Vic, Harry, etc, etc, keep coming here as well?
I was one of the first to come here and emailed a ton of people about it. It went well for a while and then turned into a fight site.

Lets all come back together as a group and keep this site updated and active instead of only posting here when other sited are offline.

Can we do this? Sat. I will post a tree or 2..... others can follow along. Harry I think you might have an ok tree or that could be added, haha!

Thanks, Jason
Start a new thread for it Jason.

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
even morons have feelings......

Why is it always Harry that has the nice trees? Harry do this...Oh Harry show us your bonsai they are so much nicer then everyone elses. Once again the caveman has a relapse and must find sanctuary in the cave.

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Why is it always Harry that has the nice trees? Harry do this...Oh Harry show us your bonsai they are so much nicer then everyone elses. Once again the caveman has a relapse and must find sanctuary in the cave.
Aw come on and post yours as well...I enjoy them all.
(I much prefer to see trees than bullshit)

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score

Is the Kong a bit sensative??? Sorry buddy, I only brought Harry into it because he was one of the last to post before I replied.

Anyways, show us the bonsai of the cave!

Jason

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
KK won't post his trees, I ask him twice and received nothing. KK, it's not that my trees are all that great, I'm just willing to post pictures of them. Where do you post pictures here ? I'm one of the morons.

Harry

Last edited:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
There is a Gallery function and you can also post pictures just like it is done on BT, except the size limits for images is not quite so small.

You go to attachments, click on the link and download your picture, just like here.

I know another individual who refuses to post picures claiming fears of theft. I find this a suspecious reason but no one can force anyone to post a picture short of threatened banishment if they don't. I do think it is incumbent on those who insist that they are right about something and someone else is wrong to post evidence of some sort that they actually do have a tree. One does not necessarily have to be a master or even good but if their advise is expected to be followed they must at least prove that they have a tree that they have kept alive for a minimum of one year.

Mugo Pine in process of restyle.

Attachments

• PigRestyleII07crp.jpg
    PigRestyleII07crp.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Nice tree Vance. Here is a tree I bought from Jim Gremel, that's a work in progress. When the foliage fills out it should be a nice tree. It's "Itowgawa" foliage grafted on to a California juniper.

Harry

Attachments

• 1602-2E09.3a-g.jpg
    1602-2E09.3a-g.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
One does not necessarily have to be a master or even good but if their advise is expected to be followed they must at least prove that they have a tree that they have kept alive for a minimum of one year.

Mugo Pine in process of restyle.

Why not go all the way Vance and just say that buying a decent mallsai would be a qualifier for telling someone that they know nothing about bonsai. I mean keeping a tree alive for a year.. come on, many box stores will even give you another tree if you kill it a year later with a reciept. How much lower does the bar have to go to keep the antics of Will in the fold?

Not believeing what he is reading again...Al

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Whoops ! Just barely got my foot in the door and had to double check the site, it's like I never left BT on Sat. night after everyone has had a few. What does it take to get banished here, the F word. It seems after reading some of the posts, it can get kind of nasty. I don't think I could handle myseft here, I'm just a second degree black belt. I need to go back to BT where I'm just a pussy cat and morons rule.

Harry

Last edited:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Nice tree Vance. Here is a tree I bought from Jim Gremel, that's a work in progress. When the foliage fills out it should be a nice tree. It's "Itowgawa" foliage grafted onto a California juniper.

Harry

From what I understand this is about the only way a California Juniper can be made to survive outside the State of California. One would think it the roots that might be too sensitive but it turns out it is the foliage. Nice tree.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
It's just been here one season, we'll see what happens for the long haul. JWP and Needle Juniper take about 4 years to die here, a little every season. Only time will tell about the Ca. juniper.

Harry

Top Bottom