Bonsai Classifieds Trees and Pots for Sale

Beng

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Although it was mentioned like a week ago in another thread on here i thought i'd fill everyone else who missed that post. Check out this new ebay "like" site on facebook lots of good stuff for sale at much better prices then eBay without the crazy bidding wars.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/311535095608900

You do have to have a Facebook account to join thre group.

Ben

Wonder how would one bid or make a purchase? Don't see anything on the page which lead to these options.

Thanks

You make a bid by replying to the post. The winner wins.

It's really a simple thing- join the group and comment to bid- the auction is over on Saturday March 1st at 7pm central time. Pretty much everyone uses paypal so there are some protections in place and no ebay fees etc. Its pretty laid back.
Some really cool pots and trees available for mostly decent prices.

It's really a simple thing- join the group and comment to bid- the auction is over on Saturday March 1st at 7pm central time. Pretty much everyone uses paypal so there are some protections in place and no ebay fees etc. Its pretty laid back.
Some really cool pots and trees available for mostly decent prices.

Your pomegranate is a steal at the price it's at now Bob! I may have to bid even though i'm not looking for another pomegranate its a real nice tree!

I'm waiting to be accepted so I can make it private so others don't see what I'm doing.....

And I just unsubscribe from the group, because I could not figure out how to make all my posts to the group private. Don't like to have my business out were everyone can see. Oh and I hate face book as well. I am very tech savvy by the way.

And I just unsubscribe from the group, because I could not figure out how to make all my posts to the group private. Don't like to have my business out were everyone can see. Oh and I hate face book as well. I am very tech savvy by the way.

I agree with you on that, I wish I could make my posts private, I don't like posting things about bonsai on my facebook for all to see. But apart from that I really like the group, I can live with the minor annoyance to depart from ebay.

I think the owner of the group has to make it a private group in order for that to happen and I don't see that happening.

Last edited:
Why are you guys so weird about people knowing you do bonsai?

I don't mind my closest friends knowing what i'm doing in my free time. But like many social networks we may use there's plenty of people on each many of our facebooks including mine who I don't want knowing what I do in my free time. Work Colleagues, X's, Friends of friends, People you don't even really know who you just happened to add when you were a bit drunk at a party one night.

Last edited:
You can limit what others can see from your profile settings...
Don't matter to me i share my bonsai pictures with my family and friends don't post whereabouts.

People you don't even really know who you just happened to add when you were a bit drunk at a party one night.[/QUOTE]

hahahahahahaahahaha you crack me up tummy hurt lol.

Why are you guys so weird about people knowing you do bonsai?

For me it is the other way around. I do not want the whole bonsai community (most I do not know) to know who I am and my family. I give it to whom I want...not be forced to do it by joining a group.

I too would love to join and bid, but I prefer to keep my "privacy" more than the pots and trees posted.

Last edited:
Since when did bonsai become something that coworkers, bosses, x's, future x's, late night drunk friend requests would look down upon you for? I have yet to meet one person that doesn't think that the fact I do bonsai is absolutely awesome! Dario you can set your profile to private so that only friends can see your pics of your family

It's pretty well known amongst the public that Bonsai and dealing meth go hand in hand. So it's best to keep it all as private as possible.

Just a thought here. If you guys want in the group but want anonymity from friends/coworkers/etc, make a new, blank profile just for the group. Alternatively, you can click the settings in the bottom right of your posts to control who can see them.

Hey there Mr. Tech Savvy ! Each time you post on Facebook you have the option of keeping it private or public, right in the little box you write your post in. :p

I do not understand the privacy issues? Most of you guys deal with Ebay and have a PayPal account, anyone who uses online banking or a PayPal account is already a risk-taker who has offered their info up to untold thousands of hackers, and its happening more every day. I bet a bunch of you use Google too ? Your information is being sold to companies for advertising and they will "only turn it over to the government when its absolutely neccesarry" ..... Everything you write online or speak about on your cell phonbe is being, collected, collated, perused and stored by the N.S.A., yet you worry about someone seeing your Bonsai info on Facebook.

ed

Actually if a groups setting is public then there's no way to limit viewing of posts you make in it. I msgd the owner of the group he's thinking of making some revisions to the group maybe implementing privacy. Here's a Kishu I'm current selling on there, Bob has some nice olives, and there's some great little crape myrtles and a trident on there as well. While it may not be the perfect sales place yet the fact that the whole world doesn't know about it is a good thing!

Ben

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom