Best insecticides (sprays, systemics etc) for hibiscus that the ants&aphids aggressively colonize?

tree3

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Yours is enormous. I was reading some of those bulges can actually be carved down. Also read that it only becomes a problem if you're absolutely sure the base of the trunk will be much thinner than the top. Since mine is too young, I might wait. I also read bulging coming from the crutches is a natural occurrence.

I wouldn't carve anything yet, of course, as this is still too thin to even consider it. Since side branches also aid in fattening up the trunk, I'm also a bit hesitant to remove any, at least for now.

Kendo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
If bug problems in garden add the top layer of worm castings. Enzyme chintinaze will stop problem.

Chemical solution bayer good but for problem all bug, even if good to kill friend.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yours is enormous.

Thats what she said!

My trunk is big enough so i dont worry to much about it
The growth you see in my pics is from 3 seasons (this is the third season)
The ticker the trunk the bigger the scar after chopping it down and at least mine doesnt heal wounds that great so keep that in mind and these can grow prety fast so if it was my tree to grow out id chop it every year and let it go freely again but as always with bonsai there are different aproaches and methods to get to the same result

tree3

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Thats what she said!

My trunk is big enough so i dont worry to much about it
The growth you see in my pics is from 3 seasons (this is the third season)
The ticker the trunk the bigger the scar after chopping it down and at least mine doesnt heal wounds that great so keep that in mind and these can grow prety fast so if it was my tree to grow out id chop it every year and let it go freely again but as always with bonsai there are different aproaches and methods to get to the same result

I'm new in south Florida so I could be having a growing season all year long, although it's still not like that of the Caribbean because temperatures do drop a little in winter.

I just realized there is a hibiscus bonsai discussion thread here:

https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/hibiscus-for-bonsai.15263/

tree3

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Top Bottom