Best [current] Price for Akadama And Pumice For South-East?

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice piles @Brian Van Fleet and @Dav4 ! Dave, is that last photo the clay king? Looks sweet.
The bags with black writing are Clay King. The bags with red writing and the two red parallel lines are "Double Red Line" akadama.

Yes, Clay King is the best stuff.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yes, that's the clay king. Adair hooked me up with someone who purchased a pallet's worth and was essentially selling at cost...I bought 10 bags but would have purchased more if I could.
He has pumice now Dave. Two sizes, one regular size, and one that great for the drainage layer! It spent a week in my garage while I was out at Boon's.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Lucky dogs, I'd love to get my hands on the clay king, but too expensive...
I get my Akadama from Rennys Hawarthia on ebay. It's a better quality than the stuff I got previously from House of Bonsai. I've had no problems with it breaking down.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Lucky dogs, I'd love to get my hands on the clay king, but too expensive...
I get my Akadama from Rennys Hawarthia on ebay. It's a better quality than the stuff I got previously from House of Bonsai. I've had no problems with it breaking down.
The clay king, per bag, was actually cheaper then the Akadama by 3 bucks:D.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The cheapest place I have found is the Bonsai Learning Center near Charlotte. They have akadama for roughly $7.60 per gallon (4.28 gallons for $40) and kanuma roughly $9 per gallon (4.22 gallons for $38). I was thinking I may take a trip up there next Saturday to pick some up.

Does that sound about right? @Adair M ?

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
About what you can expect one bag at a time with shipping.

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Joe, Bryan of the Learning Center is located in Holly Springs which I believe is much closer than Moorseville. Great people who are more than willing to work with you. Bryan normally attends the TBS meetings and often brings items for members. Saves shipping and your travel.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I bought some from Bryan today, and I think he was shocked to say the least when he saw me haha.

I look a lot younger than I am.

Anyway I hope this soil lasts me a while cuz' geez..

Top Bottom