article in International Bonsai

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
yesterday my copy 2014 #3 arrived. And much to my delight I found an article on display.
It was made from an event in which 7 noted bonsai artists set up bonsai displays.
They weren't allowed to see what had gone before them but were allowed after their efforts to watch those that followed.
I spent hours going over the photos and making comparisons from my study. It really helped and i think you could get something out of it.Hence my drawing your attention to it.
I love tenpai or the use of figurines. Only one used it as a compliment to their tree. Some used scrolls and other's didn't. Naturally I thought my teacher's display was spot on :)
Mr De Groot has just retired from the position of Curator for the weyerhaeuser bonsai display
which just celebrated it's 25th anniversary under his care. The new curator, was the assistant to the national bonsai display in Washington DC ( the "other" washington ) :)

Eric Schrader

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Sounds interesting. I let my subscription lapse some time ago...been thinking of re-starting it.

I'll have to start thinking about display soon. I have to figure out what I'll be showing in January and what I'll be showing in March.

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
Eric what has helped me over the last coupla years has been to have a tokonoma built inside the house and to work and change it weekly. Like anything else the more you emerse yourself into, the better you become at it. ( ie like swimming if your thrown in....not just reading books and watching videos) :)

Top Bottom