A True Bonsai Tree...

I don't know bolero's work, but his stance is an excellent way of saying I can't live up to this and nobody else can either. So I will continue to make sub standard bonsai look alikes. I have no need to raise the level of my work because by these standards it is not even possible. It doesn't matter what my work is like because no one else can do it either.
just saying...

Last edited:
I decree this and I am the Bonsai Nazi.

Whatever I might think of all the different posts, I hate it when it comes to the Godwin point (even if I... But that's another story).

"Penumbra", find the lighted part, not the dark side, something wittier to write on a punching ball.

Please ;)

But if you won't, or can't, no problemo, hasta la vista baby, as Albert Marley would say.

Or was it Alfred Shakespeare ?...

Vance...you disagreeing with me is fine but you could add something other than a putdown Eh...
You have no idea how hard I have been and are now trying to not throw a put down at you but you are making it more difficult not to if you keep thrusting your odd opinions at me.

We share 99% of our genome with a snail, or a fish.

I totally disgree with 99% of what Bolero stated here, and in other, more... less-bonsai conversations.

The 1% in me is tired of Bolero-bashing. OK, he's made a fool out of himself, who never has ?

This 1% is what is the core of our being human beings. Some might refer to some kind of god(s), others to reason, science, knowledge, etc. or just humanity. I like the term "humanity", both concrete and abstract, human beings and fundamental values. (*)

Time to laugh it all out, isn't it ?...

(*) I could have been a guru, and earn a lotta dollaru :D :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
We share 99% of our genome with a snail, or a fish.

I totally disgree with 99% of what Bolero stated here, and in other, more... less-bonsai conversations.

The 1% in me is tired of Bolero-bashing. OK, he's made a fool out of himself, who never has ?

This 1% is what is the core of our being human beings. Some might refer to some kind of god(s), others to reason, science, knowledge, etc. or just humanity. I like the term "humanity", both concrete and abstract, human beings and fundamental values. (*)

Time to laugh it all out, isn't it ?...

(*) I could have been a guru, and earn a lotta dollaru :D :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Don't lump me into your Humanity. This guy is for real and just comes back and keeps slinging the crap. If "HE" stops....it all goes away. Thats the way the forum works. It is not a long lasting place. Bad threads seldom last over a week, and this one would put itself to bed quietly too if he didn't keep coming back and piling on. My best suggestion to you is to not come to this thread anymore. Let the Assholes do what we do best.......

I suggest you pray for me...

Don't lump me into your Humanity. This guy is for real and just comes back and keeps slinging the crap. If "HE" stops....it all goes away. Thats the way the forum works. It is not a long lasting place. Bad threads seldom last over a week, and this one would put itself to bed quietly too if he didn't keep coming back and piling on. My best suggestion to you is to not come to this thread anymore. Let the Assholes do what we do best.......

I suggest you pray for me...

Hello all.... I want to acknowledge Smoke and others for all the Thoughtful Comments and Opinions regards my contraversial post on Tru Bonsai...
Also good to see Smoke acknowledges that he is an Asshole..
I believe he speaks with an outspoken but straight tongue and I respect some of his opinions...
I have been in the bonsai world for 54 years and my post reflects my deep innermost feelings re Tru Bonsai but only in a Historical Context, FWIW...
I am going to a Major Look Alike Bonsai show this AM at UMBG put on by the Ann Arbor Bonsai Society, Michigan Bonsai people should be able to relate...
I am not showing today but have in the past with 2 of my Penjing coming in the top 10% of 150 Look Alikes….
I am leaving now, not to return to this subject any longer....but I have more to speak on other bonsai subjects so stay tuned to Bolero post's...

I am not showing today but have in the past with 2 of my Penjing coming in the top 10% of 150 Look Alikes….
How do you figure out statistics like this?

So, he’s been in bonsai 54 years? And won maybe two ribbons? If there are 150 entrants in a show, and he gets a “People’s Choice” or an “Honorable Mention” in two shows out of however many he’s entered... that puts him in the top 10%???

Well, his posts are entertaining! I can’t wait to see what he comes up with next!

Back
Top Bottom