What did you do today? Show us Pic Required

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The farm Dog is scared of the cats here.
They can get rather viscous when it comes to food.
One day I walked past the bathroom to find rabbit alive in the bath with a cat at the other end, I save what I can but normally it's just cleaning up the left overs.
View attachment 540914
Welp…

…I got nothin’

IzzyG

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Greenhouse build finally scheduled(couldn’t get the concrete in time last fall) so had to move trees out of the garden. Forecast also called for below freezing this week so a bunch of trees have to go back into protection anyway(repots and new growth). Caught a rainbow this morning during the move!9EFD7076-3534-46EA-89F8-046C49185B17.jpeg

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Very good graft on the JWP (or maybe just a flattering angle!) Where did you get it from?
Thanks. The eBayers name is jaw_7186

Hope this link works. I used a branch jack on the trunk and almost kinked it. Did damage to the trunk as it was left on too long but has pretty much healed over now. Got its 1st potting in this mica pot 4 yrs ago.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Greenhouse build finally scheduled(couldn’t get the concrete in time last fall) so had to move trees out of the garden. Forecast also called for below freezing this week so a bunch of trees have to go back into protection anyway(repots and new growth). Caught a rainbow this morning during the move!View attachment 540925
Thank you for letting a lot of us living our bonsai dream vicariously through you.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Unboxed an Acer Palmatum "First Ghost" from Mr. Maple--my first order from them. Very pleased with packaging and plant quality. And it was a decent enough size to attempt a few cuttings, which I've been itchy to do (I'm new, and love the maples). Hoping they root!

Love love the leaves on this one.

View attachment 540924
You may find a lot of useful information on maples and tips and techniques in the thread below.

Lcogginz

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Passed a small kidney stone 💀.. shit was brutal
My husband has done 9 rounds with a couple of them this spring and finally had to have surgery and post-op stent for a little while. Glad you passed it; I understand those to be a . . . very special kind of pain.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Just having fun.

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
Potted up a few small plants I just got. Not ideal repotting time for any of them but I wanted to get them out of the nursery containers so they went into the ICU (on a heat mat and under lights) for a couple/few weeks.0568CF1E-323F-41FC-82DB-ADF19DE03E5B.jpeg

F4D72E9D-CBAF-4560-B0C2-C692F5F228C6.jpeg

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Passed a small kidney stone 💀.. shit was brutal
Welcome to middle age!🥳
Only ever did that once. I'm good.

My husband has done 9 rounds with a couple of them this spring and finally had to have surgery and post-op stent for a little while. Glad you passed it; I understand those to be a . . . very special kind of pain.
It's the sort of thing that gets you out of bed because wallowing in that much pain works better on a nice firm surface.

takira

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Assembled another bench and got the last of the trees spots on the patio for the summer! The Blue Atlas Cedars and the wee butchered Trident Maple will still be doing a two-step over the next couple of weeks (we're supposed to get down to freezing a couple of nights) until things warm up more reliably.

benchness1.jpg

Lcogginz

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Assembled another bench and got the last of the trees spots on the patio for the summer! The Blue Atlas Cedars and the wee butchered Trident Maple will still be doing a two-step over the next couple of weeks (we're supposed to get down to freezing a couple of nights) until things warm up more reliably.

View attachment 541075
I dig your benches here--is there any particular place you get them? Asked the husband to build me something but truth be told I think he'd rather I buy. ;)

takira

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I dig your benches here--is there any particular place you get them? Asked the husband to build me something but truth be told I think he'd rather I buy. ;)

I got mine on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07459Y7XW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Easy to assemble, though I don't usually put the top little bit on (you can see it on the one on the left of the photo, just as a place to attach my very crude attempt at movable shade cloth). Back when I only needed one, the cost wasn't so much of a thing, but it's all got a bit out of hand, as you can see. >_>;; I wish I could utilize the lower levels, but the local rabbit population has proven itself untrustworthy around wee trees.

Photo tax, albeit not plant-related:

hugz.jpg

Top Bottom