What did you do today? Show us Pic Required

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Finally after 2 weeks of windy weather I had a pretty calm morning to spray. Sprayed nearly everything, still sweating...
...now an hour later it's dark and raining quarter sized drops that make a 2.5 - 3 inch splat on the deck :confused:
20240416_124635.jpg20240416_130129.jpg

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
5 air layers down. Two Beni Maiko, one Mila and two deshojo. Wired up and braced off they should do just fine. Experimenting with sphagnum in the very bottom to hold the coco coir and perlite in and permatill on top to keep the perlite from blowing out.
IMG_2016.jpegIMG_2015.jpeg

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Finally got to moving a fairly large weeping Colorado spruce from its nursery pot into a produce basket.
IMG_20240416_143055_771.jpg
Tried to apply the top-half-bare-root strategy for other purposes. It was interesting. We'll see.

Details for them what cares coming to the progression thread once I have a chance to sit down tonight.

coltranem

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I’m putting some motion in a bunch of beautyberry cuttings which I’m going to apply b-nine to

View attachment 540632

To give you an idea as to how fast they thicken, here’s one that started as this cutting size last year

View attachment 540633
My beautyberry still isn't awake. The roots look good but buds are still tight.

Here is an approach graft from a session with AM on Sunday (not today technically). Dude loves to graft.

20240415_083607.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Are they early for you? I’ve been hearing morel season is hitting sooner than usual!
My neighbor tapped maple trees in February this year and they're typically ready in March. I usually see Morels start the first two weeks in May in Southeastern Wisconsin so I'm guessing last two weeks of April will be the right time. Bloodroot is already flowering in my yard and the ramps are up so morels should be close. My friend was texting me forest progress update photos yesterday.

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Are they early for you? I’ve been hearing morel season is hitting sooner than usual!
Not really. I just got a memory from five years ago finding first one. I have found them in March before. Usually done here by Mothers day. 1713356829647.pngIt is a water hog. I often set it in the pond.

Last edited:
Top Bottom