What did you do today? Show us Pic Required

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I checked on the collected hornbeams. Some are starting to bud.
View attachment 536238
And took pictures of the rest of my stuff in grow out.
View attachment 536239View attachment 536240View attachment 536241
I'm bookmarking this for whenever my girlfriend says I have too many trees.

I watered trees and watched the last of the historic March sumo basho.

Here is a tree I'm thinking of digging up in my yard. It is on the Northeastern corner so it gets very little light and has to come out. It's half a tree. I need to find a better shrub to put here or my girlfriend will ask questions.
1000010438.jpg

Last edited:

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I'm bookmarking this for whenever my girlfriend says I have too many trees.
In all fairness, my 2024 bonsai goal was to build up enough stock to get my Etsy store filled with affordable material. I’d say I’m on track. I forgot my seedling bench 😂
JM, tridents, beech, pomegranate and some princess persimmons.
IMG_1595.jpeg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
In all fairness, my 2024 bonsai goal was to build up enough stock to get my Etsy store filled with affordable material. I’d say I’m on track. I forgot my seedling bench 😂
JM, tridents, beech, pomegranate and some princess persimmons.
View attachment 536517
I live on a small urban lot. My girlfriend didn't bat an eye when I paid $700 for a tree but now she's been starting to roll her eyes when I get a delivery and it's more trees. I'm thinking 80 is her tolerance level for tree shenanigans with my current setup. That probably just means I need more benches.

I also love giving rooted cuttings to club newbies.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I live on a small urban lot. My girlfriend didn't bat an eye when I paid $700 for a tree but now she's been starting to roll her eyes when I get a delivery and it's more trees. I'm thinking 80 is her tolerance level for tree shenanigans with my current setup. That probably just means I need more benches.
More benches will definitely make it appear less everywhere.

Last edited:

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I put up a gazebo for my neighbor today. @Orion_metalhead what is the size of the one you put up?
View attachment 536479

16 x 12!!! Nice job!

photo tax... cleaned up the living room, watched my New York Rangers clinch a playoff berth, now having a beer and watching my favorite time-waste show before bed. The UK amongst us should know!!!

20240326_233652.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My cool little Iron Rock planting is waking up. Looking forward to developing these one year old seedlings of Korean Hornbeam into trees.

But what a cool accent piece this will develop into. 😎... took photo this morning before the video for my Instagram page was taken. 1000027732.jpg

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Yesterday collected little BCs are potted in bus tub to be part of a forest in the future. Two of them have their roots and trunk drastically reduced to put them close together. Their height will be adjusted later to fit the forest perspective. Right now the focus is on the trunk size, shape, and placement.
IMG_1569.jpeg

Dabbler

Shohin
Reaction score
I like your style. THAT is exactly what I needed after a long day at work. Thank you.

I'm glad you like it! If i can out a smile on 1 persons face then I did a good job. I try and may Bonsai as entertaining as I can, I want to make it fun so people won't think it's so serious and can start their own bonsai collection.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I made a rustic display stand for my small bald cypress trees. I heavily sanded the edges, rubbed on a bit of thinned black paint and attacked it with heavy iron objects and an awl. I finished it up with two coats of paste wax. It goes well with unglazed pots.

View attachment 536439
I like this Joe.
Instead of using paint, when I age wood, I nick it with all sorts of things to create the dings and dents. Then I rub the wood with steel wool then fume the wood in ammonia. The steel wool leaves tiny bit of iron in all the dings and accelerate the darkening there. The age look will last longer this way.

Top Bottom