What did you do today? Show us Pic Required

takira

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The pines had their turn, now it's juniper potting time!

First, a rescue from a gift shop - the first pic is when it was first acquired just about a year ago (clearly skipped Trunk Day at the gym, so I'm leaving as many little branches on the trunk as I can for now until it thickens up a bit). It's thrived since moving outside, but its weird little pot wasn't going to allow it to form the cascade I had in mind, so it finally got its lovely Bent Pine pot today:

twinkpre.jpgtwink1.jpgtwink2.jpg

Second was a pre-bonsai that put out some pollen cones this winter, so was clearly vigorous enough to move up in life. Looking at it now, it's a little closer to the side of the pot than would be ideal, but it's not headed for exhibition, so I'll just try to fix it at next repot down the road:

pollen1.jpg
pollen2.jpg

snowman04

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A

First, a rescue from a gift shop - the first pic is when it was first acquired just about a year ago (clearly skipped Trunk Day at the gym, so I'm leaving as many little branches on the trunk as I can for now until it thickens up a bit). It's thrived since moving outside, but its weird little pot wasn't going to allow it to form the cascade I had in mind, so it finally got its lovely Bent Pine pot today:

View attachment 536005View attachment 536004View attachment 536003

Second was a pre-bonsai that put out some pollen cones this winter, so was clearly vigorous enough to move up in life. Looking at it now, it's a little closer to the side of the pot than would be ideal, but it's not headed for exhibition, so I'll just try to fix it at next repot down the road:

View attachment 536002
View attachment 536001
Very nice and classic! Thanks for the tip on the pot source too...😁
Japanese Larch (2).jpg

FInally answered the mystery of where I got this guy...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

I laughed at the picture names for the first repot. :)

Picture tax. Worked on this Cupressus macrocarpa.

1711318136297.png

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Next weekend is the anniversary of the death of the wife of one of my dear friends. Since she loved my BC bonsai, instead of bringing flowers, I am composing this 2 tree display on a slab. It will be set at her favorite spot in the back yard.
View attachment 535970
View attachment 535971
What a tremendous honor and a lovely tribute. Very, very nice 💐 🌲

I would normally not post a tree to my response but I understand the rules so I’ll post

Attachments

• IMG_4082.jpeg
    IMG_4082.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Just checking in on my Norway Spruces since initial styling and pruning in the past few weeks and they are ready for Spring growth. Coming out swinging!

IMG_4305.jpeg
IMG_4306.jpeg

IMG_4309.jpeg

IMG_4313.jpeg
IMG_4314.jpeg
All 8-10 of them are coated with these glorious glowing buds and bursting forth. Norway Spruce are quickly becoming my favorite Spruce.

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Heavy lifting this weekend... finished the gazeebo today:
20240324_171529.jpg

My compost bins are on their last legs...
20240324_192429.jpg
20240324_192445.jpg

So I turned over the one with completed compost into an overflow bay in preparation to turn over the badly leaning one into the now empty bay. Planning on a complete overhaul this summer of all the bays into CMU bays.
20240324_192409.jpg
20240324_193819.jpg

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

SgtPilko

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Satsuki "Zuiun" repotted into a lovely deep Tosho pot supplied by @JeffS73 - i think the almost pinkish beige clay could go well with the underlying trunk colour and the mostly pink flowers too.

1st azalea repot, those rootballs are quite a different beast than the maples and junipers I'm used to! I got guidance from books and videos though.

IMG_20240325_152503.jpg

IMG_20240325_152605.jpg

Top Bottom