What’s your latest Bonsai related purchase?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I apologize for the poor photography. I don't have a good setup for taking pictures. This is a Siberian Elm I bought at MABS on Friday. It has quite a bit of ramification and is already pretty well developed. It was in a 12.5 inch plastic bonsai training pot and I moved it to this Bob Hunter 16 inch oval pot more or less as a slip pot. I did cut the circling roots and teased it out a bit, but it was not terribly pot bound though full. I planted it ever so slightly off center to get the apex centered. I think I have just about every kind of elm in a bonsai pot now.
IMG_9011.JPGIMG_9013.JPGIMG_9015.JPG

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I found 3 Ezo Spruce in 4 inch pint pints at MABS. I have never seen these offered, but I have been to few shows. I bought all 3 and decided to put them in this 22 inch mica pot to grow out for a few years. I have no idea if they will stay together or not, but for now it makes sense. They have plenty of space, and I have plenty of time ..... I hope.
IMG_9020.JPGIMG_9021.JPG

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Timer/drip irrigation system, stand material and fertilizer
That BC on the right is awesome. I've been thinking about getting one of those drip or misting systems, haven't pulled the trigger yet. I see your in FL so it's a no brainer, if I was in FL I'd install one on my head. :)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Not sure if you are thinking that tree in that pot but that pot looks like its too small for that tree even as is.
Agreed. But I’ll also see where the tree stands after I cut back and likely air layer it. I think some sort of vibrant Japanese maple with red/orange coloration will end up making it into the pot some day

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Agreed. But I’ll also see where the tree stands after I cut back and likely air layer it. I think some sort of vibrant Japanese maple with red/orange coloration will end up making it into the pot some day
The tree shown was more my latest tree purchase to go with my latest pot. It’s my first JM - a kiyohime.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Normally I have more select words for people who snag pots I want on auction before i get the chance to. But it helped me behave before Bonsai Central, so I'm going to forgive you this time
I outbid another clubmember of mine…but he also outbid me on a Sonny Boggs pot about a month ago so I guess were even 😛

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
That BC on the right is awesome. I've been thinking about getting one of those drip or misting systems, haven't pulled the trigger yet. I see your in FL so it's a no brainer, if I was in FL I'd install one on my head. :)
Thank you! Part of my summer preparations and some days I wish I could

Top Bottom