War with beavers

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well that’s a first to me. I never figured Beavers
…..is this right by the water? I think….that I see water on the upper third of your photo.

Last edited:

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Well that’s a first to me. I never figured Beavers in Texas…..is this right by the water? I think….that I see water on the upper third of your photo.
Yes.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Cajunrider if you want to protect certain trees. Some rebar stakes and some sort of galvanized wire mesh(1x2 or 2x4) around the outside should keep them out. 3 foot tall should do it. Them beavers are stronger than you think and can chew through light gauge wire.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
@Cajunrider if you want to protect certain trees. Some rebar stakes and some sort of galvanized wire mesh(1x2 or 2x4) around the outside should keep them out. 3 foot tall should do it. Them beavers are stronger than you think and can chew through light gauge wire.
It’s all good. If they stay out of sight, they will live. I will replace the trees. If they come out and taunt me, they will be sauce piquant.

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Actually, right now the adults are kicking out last years kits so they could be new. And by kit I mean a 30 lb beav. Lol

Well, personally I prefer to observe beavers rather than skin them.

But if I had some gnawing on MY bonsai trees, I might reconsider 🤣

rusticana

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do people still trap Beaver? Or did that end in the late 1800s.
What most people don't know is that the testicle was worth as much as the pelt. Into the 50's. Sounds crazy? Thus the french name for beaver. Castor. People were lathering themselves up with it to attract a mate? Then the pope declaired it a fish so the voyageurs could eat them with a clean concience

rusticana

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If I see one, it will not have a chance to say ouch. There will be beaver sauce piquant to share among my friends.
To be handled carefully. One killed a Russian guy. They did have it in their car? Bit through his femoral artery. Could'nt make it to the hospital.

Top Bottom