Species Study - Acer Platenoides/Acer Rubrum

River cane is nice but the bamboo shafts I get is from China and I like it better than cane.
I made some shafts from popular. They are good but between the 2 cedar flies better.

I do most of my red neck action with a fishing rod in my hand . Only shooter here is my doughier . Pic is her at the provincial Canadian cadet biathlon competition a few years ago . She was the only Junior in her squadron to attempt and complete the senior course . And only junior in the competition to shoot the course clean . Cadets in Canada is a youth program ran by the military

Attachments

• 5C90E9EE-DDED-48FD-AB7E-FECF710E4C78.jpeg
    5C90E9EE-DDED-48FD-AB7E-FECF710E4C78.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 55ABC344-3A8B-4891-9A4E-5543883D1B98.png
    55ABC344-3A8B-4891-9A4E-5543883D1B98.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 24
I do most of my red neck action with a fishing rod in my hand . Only shooter here is my doughier . Pic is her at the provincial Canadian cadet biathlon competition a few years ago . She was the only Junior in her squadron to attempt and complete the senior course . And only junior in the competition to shoot the course clean . Cadets in Canada is a youth program ran by the military
Awesome!!!

Pretty much exactly what I expected you to look like!

That's neat about your daughter. Does the competition have different types of shooting challenges. She seems to really enjoy it.

What kind of Rifle is that... looks like the "don't make em
like that, anymore"- kind.

🤓

Awesome!!!

That's neat about your daughter. Does the competition have different types of shooting challenges. She seems to really enjoy it.

like that, anymore"- kind.

🤓
That ugly right . Rifle is a Anchutz 22 biathlon competition rifle . Guns are a lot more restricted in Canada Cadets are age 12 to 18 under 15 year olds are not allowed to handle a gun . So cadet biathlon Has a range controlled by the military and they own the guns . They don’t ski with the gun it’s at the station in the range . . Biathlon senior course ( over 15 year olds ) is 6 khm ski one circuit Shoot 5 shots 3 circuits and 3 rounds of shooting range is same as Olympic . Every missed shot is a penalty lap of a short side course. About 2.5 minutes The also compete as a team indoors 10 metres shooting only from prone position with a 177 pellet gun . Special target shooting competition gun we got her one . She wanted to paint it black . So I made a deal with her if she beat her instructor in a 10 shot competition . I would get painter at work to paint the gun . It’s painted Lincoln tuxedo black . Unfortunately Covid cancelled a lot of events . She holds the highest level of accuracy in the cadet program . Was commander of the provincial 2 nd place drill team and was recently promoted to squadron commander for her final year

Attachments

• 63912D33-A4B4-4488-89D7-790FD67CC3C1.jpeg
    63912D33-A4B4-4488-89D7-790FD67CC3C1.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 19
  • F15FD7DA-46EA-4A3F-A93D-C7F7D9A6987C.jpeg
    F15FD7DA-46EA-4A3F-A93D-C7F7D9A6987C.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 1DCED95E-A34A-4F6D-81AA-03339AC18952.jpeg
    1DCED95E-A34A-4F6D-81AA-03339AC18952.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 15
Warrant officer first class only one cadet makes it to that rank the one that is appointed squadron commander she ages out of the program when she turns 19

Very nice! and Impressive! It looked like a bolt .22.. but I haven't seen one of those in YEARS.

I think your a good-looking dude, no need to worry. I think
we should ALL post more pictures of ourselves... it makes things "Real".. I've been communicating with ShadyStump, on and off this site, for over a year (closing in on two, here, in a while). And Just, within the last few months, saw his face for the first time.

I like the fellowship!

I like that black on it! (Rifle)

Is there side-arm junior competitions?.. or not.. because of the restrictions.

No pistol competition in cadets . It’s practically illegal to own a pistol in Canada . You basically can’t leave your house with it . Only criminals have them Better pic of the gun painter owed me favours . The quality of modern car paint is all in the level price wise of the clear coat . Only cadet shooting award she is missing is the 100 pin ten perfect bulls eyes in a competition . Gets a small gold 100 for her marksmanship badge . Covid screwed that She will finish cadets with several squadron records . And one provincial record the above mentioned perfect shooting in the senior biathlon 2 days before her 14 th birthday makes her youngest in the province history and 3 rd in the country

Attachments

• 840F989D-3D58-4155-9327-78DDD9EDD895.jpeg
    840F989D-3D58-4155-9327-78DDD9EDD895.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 14
Awesome!!!

Very nice! and Impressive! It looked like a bolt .22.. but I haven't seen one of those in YEARS.

I think your a good-looking dude, no need to worry. I think
we should ALL post more pictures of ourselves... it makes things "Real".. I've been communicating with ShadyStump, on and off this site, for over a year (closing in on two, here, in a while). And Just, within the last few months, saw his face for the first time.

I like the fellowship!

I like that black on it! (Rifle)

Is there side-arm junior competitions?.. or not.. because of the restrictions.
Agreed on the real and fellowship parts . Names Matt life long gear head . Ford master technician for a living . 57 married 22 years one daughter . Hobbies Stock car racing as crew chief engine builder / part owner . Then snowmobile drag racer as owner driver . When younger . Now cottage life fishing . ( small mouth bass are as addictive as trees ) trees lived within 100 miles of Ottawa Ontario all my life country guy .

Agreed on the real and fellowship parts . Names Matt life long gear head . Ford master technician for a living . 57 married 22 years one daughter . Hobbies Stock car racing as crew chief engine builder / part owner . Then snowmobile drag racer as owner driver . When younger . Now cottage life fishing . ( small mouth bass are as addictive as trees ) trees lived within 100 miles of Ottawa Ontario all my life country guy .
That sounds like a fantastic life you're leading.

Most folks know my story, and I normally wear myself on my sleeve, but I'll quick sum it up in a similar fashion.

Entire Family (even aunts/uncles through grandma) USMC... moved around a lot. Born in Portsmouth, VA. Basically had "good" upbringing besides the Church Cult and unrelenting perfectionism. Toured around playing music a little before and intermittently throughout college years. Also becoming a large figure in..... well... let's keep it simple... "Crime"... Eventually eased out of Crime to become A drunken addict (I state them separately for a reason) for 6-10 years straight. An ABSOLUTE menace... A reckless animal that destroyed many lives and personal relationships..

Got clean , and then 1.5 years later.. got sober (alcohol) (it'll be three years on the 29th) started collecting books and reading again..started gardening again... found bonsai, started making music again, learned how to "clay"...

Only forward and up..

Most folks know my story, and I normally wear myself on my sleeve, but I'll quick sum it up in a similar fashion.

Entire Family (even aunts/uncles through grandma) USMC... moved around a lot. Born in Portsmouth, VA. Basically had "good" upbringing besides the Church Cult and unrelenting perfectionism. Toured around playing music a little before and intermittently throughout college years. Also becoming a large figure in..... well... let's keep it simple... "Crime"... Eventually eased out of Crime to become A drunken addict (I state them separately for a reason) for 6-10 years straight. An ABSOLUTE menace... A reckless animal that destroyed many lives and personal relationships..

Got clean , and then 1.5 years later.. got sober (alcohol) (it'll be three years on the 29th) started collecting books and reading again..started gardening again... found bonsai, started making music again, learned how to "clay"...

Only forward and up..
Congratulations I know how hard that road is . Drugs ( uppers pharmaceuticals) when young because there was not enough hours in a day Who needs sleep when there is pills for that straight to over 25 years . Drank all my life slowly become worse alcoholic can sneak up on you . Been sober for 3 years so yes I know . And yes it’s the hardest thing I have done . If you ever want to talk just ask. And thanks for sharing single best thing I ever heard about drugs and booze is you stop growing as a person when you start with either one . So welcome to your new life 👍👍

Only forward and up..
It's always a good thing when someone can pull ther life together from going down that road. It's a hard thing to do. My hats off to ya.

@HorseloverFat One’s past life experiences shape who they are, the good ones and the bad ones. It’s impossible to imagine how one’s life would have been if it wasn’t for those experiences. You walked YOUR path and that’s what made you who you are. It eventually still lead you to happiness even though it may have taken more turns and veered off a few times BUT…you got there none the less…And that’s what really matters. Now that you have experienced, lived and overcame you can now tell the stories and put that knowledge and energy into positivity and help others find their path and make the world just a little bit brighter. I tell ya… It’s funny, I find the people that can tell the best, craziest, most random stories tend to be the best people to know. Keep shining on you crazy diamond! 😉

@HorseloverFat One’s past life experiences shape who they are, the good ones and the bad ones. It’s impossible to imagine how one’s life would have been if it wasn’t for those experiences. You walked YOUR path and that’s what made you who you are. It eventually still lead you to happiness even though it may have taken more turns and veered off a few times BUT…you got there none the less…And that’s what really matters. Now that you have experienced, lived and overcame you can now tell the stories and put that knowledge and energy into positivity and help others find their path and make the world just a little bit brighter. I tell ya… It’s funny, I find the people that can tell the best, craziest, most random stories tend to be the best people to know. Keep shining on you crazy diamond! 😉
This made me cry.

I appreciate you, and your words, friend.

Hey guys.
I went off camping for the solstice.
saw lots of pretty trees but few pictures. Plenty of A rubrum where I was and lots of Liquidamber too. I’ll have to go back and get some seeds. Probably be going back occasionally as the other reason for the trip was to take my son up for a university orientation and where I camped is only a half an hour from campus I’m sure I’ll find excuses to visit over the next few years.
solstice sunset with some trees. And my home for a couple of days. 3AF0DF59-7B3F-4184-BEAD-08DE28A7456C.jpegCCA89E35-9C59-4224-8385-68ECA6194D9F.jpegF278CA79-7EA0-48C8-8769-9FE001D153F3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom