Flowers 2024

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Time to share, One of my Azalea in bloom. Once every three or four years I like to let it bloom fully. This year was a good one. The bottom left pad is just being developed from a thread graft. Will improve with age. The pot is a nice oval from Vicky Chamberlain, Ashland Oregon.IMG_1972.JPG

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
One more Satsuki, white flower with lavender tint. A bit larger leaf and flower than the other cultivar, also lighter green foliage. Both developed from landscape plants. Similar in age roughly 65 years. Original landscape plants were 4-5 feet in height with similar spread. Current height 16 -18 inches for both the red and white specimens.
IMG_0920.JPG

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Full on flush for blooms I would say...
Asian jasmine

1000028671.jpg1000028430.jpg1000028017.jpg

Deano

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My Wisteria is finally going to flower I think. Had it for 8-10 years and never bloomed. These huge buds must be flower buds right? I had read it could take 10-15yrs to bloom. Correct?
View attachment 540618
View attachment 540619
Yep, those are definitely flower buds, and they should smell good too.
I think it's more like 3-5 years before they bloom, and to help them set flower buds someone told me awhile ago to put the pot in water just deep enough to cover the drainage holes late Summer for about a month. I tried it years ago and it seemed to work on the 2 I had at the time.

And a pic for the tax.😁
Ground ivy.jpg

Last edited:

RobGA

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
My Wisteria is finally going to flower I think. Had it for 8-10 years and never bloomed. These huge buds must be flower buds right? I had read it could take 10-15yrs to bloom. Correct?
View attachment 540618
View attachment 540619
They are flower buds. I have them on mine, they are just so slow to open. It’s leafing out and not sure if the energy taken by the leaves will take away from the flowers. Not sure if I should cut back the leaves.

You have a nice tree, glad to see you are getting flowers. Post again when the flower buds open and elongate. Wasn’t that the ice pond, your dog jumped into? How the weather has changed.

Attachments

• IMG_9560.jpeg
    IMG_9560.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 6

Deano

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I think it's more like 3-5 years before they bloom.
My bad, I should have said Wisteria can flower from 3-5 year old cuttings and 7+ years from seed.

It’s leafing out and not sure if the energy taken by the leaves will take away from the flowers. Not sure if I should cut back the leaves.
Both of one's I had would do the same thing, but I never cut back the leaves. Depending on the variety, flowers and some foliage at the same time is not uncommon.

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It is a water hog. I often set it in the pond.
Thanks and yes on the crazy dog/ice. I gave her a bath in it yesterday after our hunting trip. She found something dead to roll in.... ugh
Ramapo Dwarf Rhodi
1713357266833.png1713357295765.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom