BRT losing leaves?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hello! I'm fresh into the world of bonsai and was given my first tree in early December. It is a Brazilian Raintree and I'm afraid I'm already making big mistakes.

It had a little bit of yellowing of the leaves and defoliation, nothing major, about a week and a half ago which I contributed to overwatering after some reading. However the past 3 days it has taken a turn for the worst and it has not only extreme yellowing and falling leaves, but even some healthy leaves are falling as well. It is still sprouting new growth so I'm not sure what's happening but I'm heartbroken that it is in such rough shape already. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20220108_122156.jpg
    IMG_20220108_122156.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20220108_121951.jpg
    IMG_20220108_121951.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 29
It’s typical for BRTs to shed leaves when they’re indoors during the winter. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

You've only had it a short time, probably just acclimating to it's new home. Adding your location in the world to your profile will get you the best advice for your climate. Where did you get the tree?

You've only had it a short time, probably just acclimating to it's new home. Adding your location in the world to your profile will get you the best advice for your climate. Where did you get the tree?
I just added my location. I'm in SW Missouri but I got the tree in Chicago and drove it home.

Mine has been dropping leaves since I brought it inside in the fall just like it does every year. I sometimes wonder though what will happen if it drops all of its leaves before spring? However it has nice buds all over it just waiting for longer days to awaken them.

Mine has been dropping leaves since I brought it inside in the fall just like it does every year. I sometimes wonder though what will happen if it drops all of its leaves before spring? However it has nice buds all over it just waiting for longer days to awaken them.
Mine have always dropped leaves when brought inside for the winter but oddly they did not this year.🤷‍♀️

I have three of the BRT's. Two have lost a lot of leaves but one hasn't. I only bring them in my shed if there is going to be frost or below 32'. So far I have been lucky.

I'm heartbroken that it is in such rough shape already.
Welcome to the bitching Raintrees. They complain about everything, and do it by dropping leaves. Sitting in a car and moving from Chicago to Missouri would get her a little bit annoyed with you. Treat her like the lady she is, and soon she will be right as rain.

Welcome to Crazy!

I hope twistedbeams is more a nod to tornado wreckage than fruits in whiskeys.

Sorce

Back
Top Bottom