Zach Smith, Bonsai South?

cishepard

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I follow Zach’s blog and he hasn’t posted anything new for quite a while. Now when I go to the page, it says it is disabled…

Does anyone know how he’s doing? I really learned a lot from his blog posts and will be very sorry to see it disappear, but I do appreciate that circumstances can get in the way, Just hope he is ok.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I took a swing by his Facebook page and it doesn't have anything on it. Any of our Louisiana friends heard anything about Zach?

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
He is a member of Louisiana Bonsai Society. I haven't seen him at any of the meetings or shows in a year or so.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I hate to hear that. I have several trees from him and he is a really great guy. I hope every thing is Ok.

Moridin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
His site seems to be working though he hasn't posted in a few months https://bonsai-south.com/blog/ . I have a Water Elm I got from him a few years ago which is one of my favorite trees in my garden. He's the only source of information I've found for them and a great resource for Bald Cypress' as well.

Hope all is well with him.

cishepard

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
His site seems to be working though he hasn't posted in a few months https://bonsai-south.com/blog/ . I have a Water Elm I got from him a few years ago which is one of my favorite trees in my garden. He's the only source of information I've found for them and a great resource for Bald Cypress' as well.

Hope all is well with him.
You’re right! Yesterday I was getting the disabled site message, today it is working. Maybe something on my end … who knows?
Anyway, that eases my mind. he is probably fine.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Glad to see the website back up and running. I've been buying trees from Zach for going on thirty years now, was getting concerned. 😁

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Glad to hear all is well. Zach is a good guy with good material and always helpful and quick to answer questions.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Glad to hear all is well. Zach is a good guy with good material and always helpful and quick to answer questions.
Absolutely, I am happy to have a couple of trees from him. Glad to hear everything is OK with him as well.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Just visited his website, not much available and it says workshops and consultations "no longer Available". 😟

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
He's a member of the bonsai club I belong to in Baton Rouge, La. The secretary told me he had not renewed his membership. I hope things are alright with him and his family. Honestly, when you try to make a business out of a hobby, it sometimes kills the enthusiasm. I've "almost" started a business from a hobby a couple of times and backed out when the fun went out of it.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I hope things are alright with him and his family.
Me too. Such a nice guy and a class act. The last tree I bought from him I had been waiting for the weather to warm up to order, when it disappeared from the website. I emailed him to see if it had sold. He had taken it down to repot into a nicer pot and was going to ask more for it. Although I would have been happy to pay the higher price, he insisted I only pay the original price.

dbonsaiw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Zach's a good guy. I bought an awesome BC from him and he is holding it over winter. Been corresponding with him from time to time.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Zach's a good guy. I bought an awesome BC from him and he is holding it over winter. Been corresponding with him from time to time.
Any knowledge to why his website is basically bare and he isn't doing workshops or consultations anymore?

Top Bottom