Yellow leaves?

Arxhi3

Seed
Reaction score
Hello! in a bonsai beginner to day the least, i have recently got a new Chinese elm and some of the leaves are falling off/turning yellow/dying. anybody know why? I have also just started shaping it, could this be the reason, should I remove the wire?

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
We're going to need a lot more information to answer. First, put your location in your profile so we know what your climate and seasons are like. Second, post some pictures of the tree. Third, tell us about where you're keeping it, including sunlight, watering, daily high and low temperatures, etc.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Pictures would also be a great help

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Guessing the tree is in northern hemisphere in which case yellow leaves is normal as the tree sheds old leaves and prepares to grow new ones.
Chinese elm is technically deciduous but often hold the old leaves through winter if kept reasonably warm but the leaves only have a 1 year lifespan so will drop eventually.

As above. So much of bonsai is seasonal and may depend on local conditions so adding a general location is very useful to get info that will suit your location.

Top Bottom