My flame tree leaves are turning yellow and the stem is turning brown, what should I do?

MSTghost

Seed
Reaction score
I grew a flame tree from seed about a month ago and every thing was fine until I put it in a bigger pot, that’s when I noticed that the stem was starting to turn brown and I decided to put it back in it’s original pot. I did notice that when I was repotting to the original pot that the bigger pots soil was dry and at this point the leaves were starting to turn yellow. As of right now it’s in its original pot. What should I do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 15

Kievnstavick

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Looks to me like a natural process of the 'trunk' reducing its chlorophyll and turning woody.

Those yellowing leaves are just the cotyledons falling off because they are no longer needed.

Just take a breather, stop worrying, and let it grow. Issues with the growth of the tree tend to be a lot more apparent and systematic.

Moving the sapling back and forth between pots potentially harmed roots. In the future, just accept if damage has been done and leave it in the second pot and focus on proper care. Additionally, this sapling does not appear to have grown enough to even warrant uppotting as I seriously doubt it has filled its original container with roots.

Top Bottom