Won a Ryuga 11 pc tool set ++ :)

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
At the LSBF/ABS/SABS convention...I won 1st prize Artist's Choice for the upcoming/emerging talent competition :eek: and got the Ryuga set as the prize.

The oak and mags are through the raffle.

Great... now you are really gonna be insufferable... ;)

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
LOL only joking! Seriously good job. Even bigger congrats are in order that you got to learn from some legends. I can buy tools but hanging out with those guys? Priceless.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Even bigger congrats are in order that you got to learn from some legends. I can buy tools but hanging out with those guys? Priceless.

Priceless indeed and the conversations are very casual. All are (as far as I can tell) straight shooters. They say it as they see and believe it is...no BS. Advise are given openly to those who asked.

I was laughing at Colin basking under the noon sun! I told him we mostly hide from that but he is enjoying it instead. Eric is the only one who chose to work under the shade even in the morning (the carvings were done outside adjacent to the class rooms).

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Considering Colin is from Maine and its still or just getting out of "winta" up there, it probably felt balmy for him

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Congrats Dario !!!
:)

Thanks, I actually got a few words with Eric and Andrea. Andrea told me who made their shirt design. :) Nice couple and looks very hard working. Andrea probably will be coming home with more stuff than she brought...she won a lot at the raffles! :eek:

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Considering Colin is from Maine and its still or just getting out of "winta" up there, it probably felt balmy for him

Yeah we talked about Maine lobster too LOL. He can't wait to go home to start repotting. He said he only have around 60 trees but that is all he can (or will) take care of. Amazingly, he said only about a dozen are show quality for now, most are still in training pots.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Great little juni. Congrats, Poink.

By chance were Eric and Vic there with Dan?

Thanks. Sorry I don't know. If they were, I didn't notice them. I would love to meet them in person and was meaning to send my regards through Dan but I never got the chance. I did not go today. :(

Reaction score
Thanks, I actually got a few words with Eric and Andrea. Andrea told me who made their shirt design. :) Nice couple and looks very hard working. Andrea probably will be coming home with more stuff than she brought...she won a lot at the raffles! :eek:
Did the shirt design you saw have a Koi and cherry blossoms ???
They have a new shirt that is going to be comming out in a couple of months for their
November 2013 open house, that is Erik is also wearing around to help promote.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Did the shirt design you saw have a Koi and cherry blossoms ???
They have a new shirt that is going to be comming out in a couple of months for their
November 2013 open house, that is Erik is also wearing around to help promote.

The shirts being sold are black with white Koi (red dot on head) and cherry blossoms. Didn't notice what Eric was wearing...I did notice Andrea's. :p LOL (promise, I only looked in admiration) ;)

Duh...here is what he is wearing.
View attachment 34362

Top Bottom