White Spruce Group Planting No. 1

Ehhhemm .. mic check … anyone??
I like it. Especially the middle tree. It has its shit-together. The other two are goofing off. More free spirited, but fun.
The three together remind me of siblings with the middle tallest as the most-responsible first born.
I like the upper proportions of the middle tree, but the lower branches seem proportionally too long and obscure the smaller trees.
If the long lower branches were removed, perhaps the smaller trees could be positioned to fill the “empty” visual space.

I like it. Especially the middle tree. It has its shit-together. The other two are goofing off. More free spirited, but fun.
The three together remind me of siblings with the middle tallest as the most-responsible first born.
I like the upper proportions of the middle tree, but the lower branches seem proportionally too long and obscure the smaller trees.
If the long lower branches were removed, perhaps the smaller trees could be positioned to fill the “empty” visual space.
Yes that one lower front branch maybe be removed if I can’t get buds further back on the tallest tree. I did fix the branching a bit on both smaller trees , they just need to keep developing, just an initial styling . Thank you for your input !

1695921999670.jpeg
I really like the proportions of the middle tree like this.
The small tree on the left has a lot of foliage that makes it appear younger than the others. (Maybe that’s from the middle tree?)
If it’s healthy enough, cutting the branch ends to rein it in might clean things up visually.
Same for the right tree, although the foliage mass is less dense.

Nice work with these.

View attachment 510874
I really like the proportions of the middle tree like this.
The small tree on the left has a lot of foliage that makes it appear younger than the others. (Maybe that’s from the middle tree?)
If it’s healthy enough, cutting the branch ends to rein it in might clean things up visually.
Same for the right tree, although the foliage mass is less dense.

Nice work with these.
Thanks the move foliage appearance is from the middle tree on left smaller tree. I can take more photos for better clarity later, that was before I realized I needed to add movement higher up to the middle tree.

It just seems like each tree is doing its own thing. I may do it too much, but I def prefer when each trunk flows with the other more. I would be more inclined to bend that middle tree over to the left. And actually reduce some of the bending on the far right trunk.

It just seems like each tree is doing its own thing. I may do it too much, but I def prefer when each trunk flows with the other more. I would be more inclined to bend that middle tree over to the left. And actually reduce some of the bending on the far right trunk.
IMG_4444.jpeg
Yea which is why I put movement in the tallest tree.. so the trunk movement sun smaller ones match more like a ripple in a puddle .. this is the and most recent finished rough style front just to not get confused w previous picture reposted

The two smaller trees have a nice flow left and the middle has a flow right. Probably not your current pic, but the trees don’t seem to agree with each other.
IMG_7383.jpeg

Ill take both of your suggestions @Hartinez and @Cruiser and chew .. digest and see what comes out the end tonight if I tinker w it a bit.. thank you 😊
Again it’s not spectacular material but yah trying to see what it can be .. and this helps to get other insights .

Ill take both of your suggestions @Hartinez and @Cruiser and chew .. digest and see what comes out the end tonight if I tinker w it a bit.. thank you 😊
Again it’s not spectacular material but yah trying to see what it can be .. and this helps to get other insights .

I love the virt that Danny did above. I think you are right on the cusp of hitting the sweet spot, just needs some relatively minor adjustments…keep it up! 😃

I think I’m going to cut the right one out .. just going to let it go for now .. I think it can be bent more to right but , don’t want to overdo it atm. The trunk on the right is already bent that way when I got it.

I think I’m going to cut the right one out .. just going to let it go for now .. I think it can be bent more to right but , don’t want to overdo it atm. The trunk on the right is already bent that way when I got it.
Not yet! I’d def let the trees rest till next year, but I don’t think you need to remove that third tree just yet. To get that middle tree bent correctly you’ll need to anchor and bend the trunk in a different way.

Not yet! I’d def let the trees rest till next year, but I don’t think you need to remove that third tree just yet. To get that middle tree bent correctly you’ll need to anchor and bend the trunk in a different way.
Ya but I do like the top bend on the trunk on that tree.. if I do more I’ll risk uprooting it. I’m very confident that the top is bent correctly. Bottom half could be corrected by another bend or even reposition in a couple years

Back
Top Bottom