what's poppin in the green house

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@JudyB do you have all them on heat mats? I am seeing a lot of blue under what looks like all trees. Just curious. Still haven't put mine to use yet.
Yes they are all on heat mats. Different temp zones for different trees. I don't mess around with "what if's".

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice! Are you using greenhouse lighting for them? I overwinter my trees in a detached garage and haven't bothered with lighting. A pain though because I have to do the two-step when temps drop below freezing.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice! Are you using greenhouse lighting for them? I overwinter my trees in a detached garage and haven't bothered with lighting. A pain though because I have to do the two-step when temps drop below freezing.
Yes I use these. I like them because they don't suck a lot of electricity and don't put out a ton of heat. I don't have to dance that dance anymore, cause they do just fine as long as you have a unit over each tree.
https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-FL...2097639&sr=8-11&keywords=hydrofarm+grow+light

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes I use these. I like them because they don't suck a lot of electricity and don't put out a ton of heat. I don't have to dance that dance anymore, cause they do just fine as long as you have a unit over each tree.
https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-FL...2097639&sr=8-11&keywords=hydrofarm+grow+light

Thanks for the link - very smart set up you have. Would help my back quite a lot to not have to move them in and out...

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks for the link - very smart set up you have. Would help my back quite a lot to not have to move them in and out...
And I get more growing season. I'm a week or so away from hardened leaves on a few early things. I already did some cutbacks to nodes on my trident!

Top Bottom