Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hope the bad weather passes you by and no damage.
Actually the lack of Sun held damage down. Flash flooding occurring in several locations.
Mom went to be with the Lord shortly after the eclipse Monday. She's in the best hands now.
20240408_151204.jpg

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Actually the lack of Sun held damage down. Flash flooding occurring in several locations.
Mom went to be with the Lord shortly after the eclipse Monday. She's in the best hands now.
View attachment 539667
Sorry to hear about your mother’s passing friend.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
View attachment 539667
Please accept my sincere condolences.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Sorry to hear that. It's never easy. Both my parents passed early.

NateDyk47

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
View attachment 539667
Hope you're doing ok and can take solace that she's in a better place.

NateDyk47

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Repotted a JBP I got from a workshop last year. Most of the media was very fine organics and it appeared to have been slip potted with a thin layer of pumice on the sides/top. I didn't HBR, but I removed a fair amount of the existing soil throughout the rootball and thoroughly chopsticked in a mix that was mostly pumice. I didn't remove too many roots, just a few thicker downward growing ones and a couple looping around the base.

1000005834.jpg
1000005842.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
View attachment 539667
Brother, I’m saddened by this news and mourn with you. Going to glory and with the Lord is a bitter yet sweet departure. She is where she has longed to be (in His presence). 💐

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Got some structural wire back on my Katsura, really obsessed with this unusual species!
20240412_124436.jpg

I also thought I'd do a bit of dead limb clean up on the apple I got from Windspired's clearance sale at Wiscobonsai. I've been pressured to fill one of the demo slots at Madison's spring show, so I think this makes an excellent candidate for filling a large time slot with a lot of styling work. Thankfully these trunks are still limber so I can space them out in a more elegant manner when the time comes! I'm sure a big yamadori will make a better impact for those unfamiliar with the hobby too, certanially moreso than me fussing around with one of my chojubai 😅
20240412_131212.jpg

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Repotted a JBP I got from a workshop last year. Most of the media was very fine organics and it appeared to have been slip potted with a thin layer of pumice on the sides/top. I didn't HBR, but I removed a fair amount of the existing soil throughout the rootball and thoroughly chopsticked in a mix that was mostly pumice. I didn't remove too many roots, just a few thicker downward growing ones and a couple looping around the base.

View attachment 539668
View attachment 539669
Very nice little trees. I like your style.

Top Bottom