Went To Dig Decomposed Granite...

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
...but the stupid dog would just not stop heading up the trail! Ran me to my limit climbing that mountain, but the view was spectacular.
IMG_20211122_115242_167.jpg
IMG_20211122_131149_407.jpg
On the long and arduous trek down, I was disappointed that I didn't get my dirt, but then stumbled by some big chunks of quartzite of some sort, and figured I'd collect some cool rocks on the way back.

I got a little carried away, and now my back hates me.
IMG_20211122_194457.jpg
I know traditional Japanese suiseki doesn't alter the stones, but I'd like to run them through a soft polish to bring out the character and subtleties in the colors.

That small black one is actually a hunk of high grade iron ore. That's the only reason I picked it up. About the size of the palm of my hand. Not too surprising since there's an old iron mine along the trail. Per volume, it was the heaviest thing in my pack.

I really don't have a use for them myself, so if you see something you like PM me an offer. Plenty more where those came from.
Or just let me know if you want to see more. I am in the ROCKY Mountains after all.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You gotta stash the rocks in summer an go back and sled em down like @wireme !

That remains one of my top 3 awesomenesses.

Sorce

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You gotta stash the rocks in summer an go back and sled em down like @wireme !

That remains one of my top 3 awesomenesses.

Sorce
I must have missed that story. We'll see if there's some decent snow this year.

I need to be making that hike more often anyway. Good way to stay in shape. My hips and calves are still killing me! LoL

Top Bottom