UME

I'm gonna have to wait another 6 weeks or so and see it when it's in flower before commenting;).
I hadn't thought about the flower color actually! Should be fun to see. Probably longer than 6 weeks, don't you think? I'm not even sure when they flower here. I'll have to watch it.

I hadn't thought about the flower color actually! Should be fun to see. Probably longer than 6 weeks, don't you think? I'm not even sure when they flower here. I'll have to watch it.
The over/under is December 27th, right in the middle of the week between Christmas and New Years...wagers welcome:D.

I want a ume now! The starkneas of the dark pink or white on the dark bare bark... Stunning!

I had a hokia bungo ume(deep red) from last year that my dog thought it smelled to nice to leave alone:( I really miss ume and I plan on picking 2-3 up this year

I had a hokia bungo ume(deep red) from last year that my dog thought it smelled to nice to leave alone:( I really miss ume and I plan on picking 2-3 up this year
Wow, that's too bad. I have not seen a red one- sounds cool.

I think I have a couple pic in my archive- i'll see if I can drum them up

Mine has started to pop open on a few. I'll have to get some pictures up.

Here you go. I got this tree last summer so this is the first time I'm seeing it bloom. It's an awesome reminder that spring will come. We have had a lot of snow this year and I'm tired of seeing white.

FB_IMG_1452729947725.jpg FB_IMG_1452729954035.jpg FB_IMG_1452729959129.jpg FB_IMG_1452729968784.jpgFB_IMG_1452729974345.jpg

Funny, I'm just finally getting some white, (snow) and am pretty happy to be seeing it. I like your ume very much and the color is very nice. It must be cool to see it for the first time. Nice trunk!

Back
Top Bottom